Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  Cloud LED for switch stays solid orange, resetting doesn't work

Posted 07-29-2020 06:45 PM
    I just received my 1930 switch model JL681A. It will not get to the point of being able to add it to my inventory. The cloud LED stays solid orange. I've tried both methods to reset the device several times; a quick press and 5 second press of the reset button. Neither has worked. I've also tried power resetting it and that hasn't worked. My router is able to see it and it does give it an IP address but that's all. I can login locally and I've done a reset of the hardware through there but cloud LED status remains solid orange.

• 2.  RE: Cloud LED for switch stays solid orange, resetting doesn't work

Employee
    Posted 07-30-2020 11:11 PM

@CCidAruba Login to the local IP address that the switch receives and see what the status of the device states and from there reach out to support to get assistance to help get your switch on the network.

https://www.arubainstanton.com/contact-support/

• 3.  RE: Cloud LED for switch stays solid orange, resetting doesn't work

Posted 07-31-2020 08:51 AM
    In contact with support now for 2 days. Still cannot resolve the issue of why it won't connect to the cloud.

• 4.  RE: Cloud LED for switch stays solid orange, resetting doesn't work

Posted 08-23-2021 10:00 AM
    I have the same problem, not able to connect a JL680A Switch to the cloud portal when installing it. The Cloud icon was always orange. Then, I set it up offline, through the IP, but I prefer to be connected to the cloud.

------------------------------
    Elias Mijares
    HP Inc
    NLE

• 5.  RE: Cloud LED for switch stays solid orange, resetting doesn't work

Employee
    Posted 08-25-2021 06:27 AM
    Elias, is the switch able to connect to the Internet and work as expected when managed with the Local Web GUI?
    Are you seeing an issue only when you try to manage it with the Cloud?

Sreenath Seshadri

• 6.  RE: Cloud LED for switch stays solid orange, resetting doesn't work

Posted 08-25-2021 11:42 AM
    Hi Sreenath, Yes, the switch works fine when managed with the local interface.  It's up and running now.
    It's only when you want to set it up with the portal. The switch goes into orange/green ready state to set up., but It can't be auto-discovered. You can add it with the serial number, but it never syncs.  then the Cloud led turns solid orange. 
    I have an AP11D connected to the switch, and it's configured and managed by the Cloud Portal.

Elias Mijares

• 7.  RE: Cloud LED for switch stays solid orange, resetting doesn't work

Employee
    Posted 08-27-2021 10:05 AM
    Hi Elias,

We're here to assist you with connecting your switch to the cloud portal. Please reach out to the Aruba Instant On Support team for assistance with this issue.

Jessica Mitchell
    Aruba Instant On Communications