Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  voice vlan issue

Posted 08-29-2020 12:09 PM

Hello,

We have a huge issue with voice vlans.  I have a feeling that there is a glitch in the code.

Here's how we have it setup:

1. Create a Vlan for voice, ID=40

2. Set Vlan40 to be voice vlan, setup OUI for MAC, and set Voice vlan to MAC

3. Configure the ports to be enabled for voice vlan.  When we hit "Apply" we get an error message stating that "voice vlan 40 has ports enabled"   (i have no idea what this error message means, and nothing that we do to get that message NOT to appear, unless we just disable the ports for voice vlan)

4. After we click out of the error message, it appears as if everything is ok.

5. We plug in the phone (polycom).  The switch is recognizing the device' MAC, and the switch is stating that it is tagging the device with Vlan 40.   So basically, as far as the switch is concerned, it is tagging the device with the appropriate vlan.

6.  However, the phone does not receive the vlan tag, and in fact still sits on Vlan1

My thinking is that when we enabled ports to be members of voice vlan in step 3, and we receive that error message.  I believe that part of the code is not taking.   I feel that its a glitch in the code.  

• 2.  RE: voice vlan issue

Employee
    Posted 08-30-2020 04:34 PM

@tcgsec1  Please reach out to support to assist with your voice VLAN issues.

https://www.arubainstanton.com/contact-support/ 

• 3.  RE: voice vlan issue

Posted 11-05-2020 06:02 PM
    Did you ever get a resolution to this?  I am running into the same issue with no solution yet.  I have worked with support but was not much help.  I have upgraded to the latest firmware but no luck.

-chris

------------------------------
    chris frankini

• 4.  RE: voice vlan issue

Posted 12-17-2020 01:49 PM

Hi,

I run into the same kind of issue. My solution was to configure the voice vlan into my phone. The Voice VLAN get correctly put on the port where my phones are.

I tried with many different kinds of phones and only my Cisco one did change automatically his VLAN for the voice VLAN.

I suppose it's an advance LLDP-med feature that only certain phones have.

For my Polycom one, once I configured the Vlan into them, the phone works without problems.

-Max

• 5.  RE: voice vlan issue

Posted 12-17-2020 01:49 PM

Hi,

I run into the same kind of issue. My solution was to configure the voice vlan into my phone.

The Voice VLAN get correctly put on the port where my phones are.

I tried with many different kinds of phones and only my Cisco one did change automatically his VLAN for the voice VLAN. 

I suppose it's an advance LLDP-med feature that only certain phones have.

For my Polycom one, once I configured the Vlan into them, the phone works without problems.

• 6.  RE: voice vlan issue

Posted 11-16-2022 03:08 PM
    Hi, Which version do you have?.
    I had same issue with ver 2.6.0, aruba 1960 ion.  The tagging port for voice vlan is not working fine.  I´m going to try with version 2.7.0.103.

https://community.arubainstanton.com/blogs/jamie-easly1/2021/11/01/instanton1960switchsoftwareportal

Ernesto Muñoz