We have a huge issue with voice vlans. I have a feeling that there is a glitch in the code.
Here's how we have it setup:
1. Create a Vlan for voice, ID=40
2. Set Vlan40 to be voice vlan, setup OUI for MAC, and set Voice vlan to MAC
3. Configure the ports to be enabled for voice vlan. When we hit "Apply" we get an error message stating that "voice vlan 40 has ports enabled" (i have no idea what this error message means, and nothing that we do to get that message NOT to appear, unless we just disable the ports for voice vlan)
4. After we click out of the error message, it appears as if everything is ok.
5. We plug in the phone (polycom). The switch is recognizing the device' MAC, and the switch is stating that it is tagging the device with Vlan 40. So basically, as far as the switch is concerned, it is tagging the device with the appropriate vlan.
6. However, the phone does not receive the vlan tag, and in fact still sits on Vlan1
My thinking is that when we enabled ports to be members of voice vlan in step 3, and we receive that error message. I believe that part of the code is not taking. I feel that its a glitch in the code.
@tcgsec1 Please reach out to support to assist with your voice VLAN issues.