Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  Question - Password - special Characters

Posted 12-02-2020 12:48 AM
    Hello All,

I'm asking myself I any other of you have expirienced the same or maybe just me.

I have a few 1930 InstantOn Switches (PoE JL683A and Non-PoE JL682A) on the latest available Firmware in local mode. I have a strange Issue which seems like a SwitchOS Problem. On the JL683A a Username beginning with the little letter "a" can't use the character "$" in the Passwordfield.

For example I tested with the default user "admin" und a password which containted "$" in the Password. I created a second user (e.g. test) with read/write permissions for testing purposes with a password which also containted "$" characters.

So I tried to login with admin and the "$" in the password and it failed. I entered it manually and cut and paste but the switch stated "login failed". I logged in with the "test" user (worked at first) and tried to change the admin password to the same which a tried
    and faild according to the login. The system stated that you can't use the same password you allready have. When I change the password to a simple password without "$" in for "admin" then it works immediately perfekt fine.

To see if I'm wrong I created another user beginning with an "a" and used "$" in the passowrd again and the same things happend as with the user "admin".

Thank you in advance.

Andy

• 2.  RE: Question - Password - special Characters

Posted 01-03-2021 11:13 PM

We have the same problem. If we use special characters, then we cannot log in in local mode. This bug (or feature?) is even in the latest pre-installed firmware.

------------------------------
    F L

• 3.  RE: Question - Password - special Characters

Employee
    Posted 01-04-2021 01:33 PM
    Please on a support case so they can assist in troubleshooting this.
    https://www.arubainstanton.com/contact-support/

Greg Thiesen