Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  POE Instant On 1930 24 ports \ 197 Watts as a voip telephone switch

Posted 09-28-2021 06:25 AM
    Hi

Has anyone used this switch to connect only voip phones in a voip system? 

The problem I am dealing with here is that in all phones, I have complaints from my colleagues that during the call the voice is constantly interrupting which makes the call intolerable. 

All the ip phones are the same model and support protocol 802.3.at Also support the af older protocol.
    From the 24 ports using 23 at the moment .
    From the total 195W of the switch, the power consumption is currently 32 Watts
    Poe status at the Power Over Ethernet page is in Delivering ,. Should it be otherwise?? 

Already checked:
    -cabling 
    -Yealink s20 voip system which has no problem.
    -Talked several times to my ip provider giving him the number and the time when the problem occurs (They came up with nothing)

What I am monitoring right now
    Instant on switch 24 poe ports. Management is local by the way.
    Upon refreshing I noticed 2-3 times gave me at Poe Status the Fault which didnt stay this way for long time. After some refreshes went away. the problem with the sound is constant of course.
    Now I tried to power  some of the phones with their own power adapter still this doesnt solve the issue.

Do the ports need any special configuration other than the default one?
    Priority->Low
    High Power Mode -> off
    Power Detect Type->802.3.af/at
    Power Management Mode->Usage.

PS How to disable a port from distributing power (not disable it at all) since the specific ports have upon them devices (phones) which are powered from power adapters?

New Edit 1 Just did it  again
    Can you see the faulty state at the status and the port 15 as well. It gives it only there (now and then) and 24.

Also going inside 15 port

New Edit 2
       Just noticed that  the ports 15 and 24 are the only ones that are connected to 15=mini pc (in order to remote to it and check switches / APs / Router of the voip line  (I have separated  voip and data with different routers and different switches)) and 24=router, are the ones that alarms the fault. Changed the  port from 15 to 16 and now the fault is occasionally on port 16. So the fault follows the device and not the port itself.    

------------------------------
    Jim tsoutsouras

• 2.  RE: POE Instant On 1930 24 ports \ 197 Watts as a voip telephone switch

Posted 09-29-2021 10:07 AM

Hi Jim,

Sounds like you may have a faulty switch. Please contact Aruba IO Support. You can click the menu at the top of this page, click support, choose your region, give them a call and create a ticket / get support. 

Do let us know if your issue gets resolved! 

Ethan

• 3.  RE: POE Instant On 1930 24 ports \ 197 Watts as a voip telephone switch

Posted 09-29-2021 10:37 AM
    Hi 

Maybe, maybe not. Happen to have a second switch exactly the same and yesterday I managed to route all cabling to the new one. Still having problems with voice on ip phones like before. I haven t monitor much, but up until now the status of poe is delivering.

Jim tsoutsouras

• 4.  RE: POE Instant On 1930 24 ports \ 197 Watts as a voip telephone switch

Posted 09-29-2021 10:52 AM

Great. Contact support so they can open a ticket and help you troubleshoot!

We have the benefit of aruba support with this product line, why not leverage it as soon as possible? 😃

Ethan

• 5.  RE: POE Instant On 1930 24 ports \ 197 Watts as a voip telephone switch

Posted 09-29-2021 02:34 PM
    Probably I will. By then can you tell me how to stop a specific port from giving out power other than auto sense mode.

Jim tsoutsouras

• 6.  RE: POE Instant On 1930 24 ports \ 197 Watts as a voip telephone switch

Posted 09-30-2021 02:53 AM
    Following up to my last post., I noticed today that the new switch also upon refreshing in random times the Gui it gave a Faulty PoE Status. Looking at the switch drawing noticed (as with the previous switch) that the fault status is (with the exclamation mark) on a port upon which it is connected a device that doesnt need power. I think it is either a mini pc or the router itself.
        Are you still sure that I need to RMA it? Two identical switches (new ones) have the same behavior on port that was connected the same device on each one of them.

PS After a second  - third refresh the fault goes away. Maybe it states this way that the device doesnt need power? Of course I have 3 devices on the switch that doesn t need power so it would be logical to assume that I would have the same fault status for the other 2 ports also.

Jim tsoutsouras

• 7.  RE: POE Instant On 1930 24 ports \ 197 Watts as a voip telephone switch

Posted 10-12-2021 02:34 AM
    I have the same problems with the same switch. Mine powers 2 VOIP phones, another HP switch and 3 APs.

It always reported faults on other ports with self powered devices. So I just set Admin Mode to Disabled to all ports that do not need PoE as a workaround and the faults disappeared.

It would be nice to get this bug and the non-updating NTP client fixed in a future firmware.

Whisky Drinker