Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  10Gb and DHCP

Posted 07-15-2021 11:06 AM
    Anyone tried using the 1930s interconnected with just Fiber?  If so are you also using DHCP?

My issue is that unless copper is used between the switches DHCP will not pass beyond the switch connected to the DHCP server.  Which defeats the purpose of going 10Gb.
    So far turning DHCP Relay on using ports and/or VLANs does nothing.  DHCP Snooping is disabled so that shouldn't cause a block.  Nothing is appearing in the logs either. (No surprise there)

Thanks for any assistance!

------------------------------
    J U

• 2.  RE: 10Gb and DHCP

Posted 07-15-2021 12:50 PM
    I hope this isn't the case or I will be sending my 1930 back for a refund. The old 1910 and 1920 were so far ahead of this rubbish firmware. This is 2021 and HP can't write software that improves over the 2012 1910-1920 series. My Business will be going to FS dot com if they don't get their act together. The lifetime warranty is the only thing keeping me here at the moment.

TerrenceT Tibbs

• 3.  RE: 10Gb and DHCP

Posted 07-15-2021 02:06 PM
    I have my 1930 with two LACP LAGs on fiber but they're only running at 1Gb not 10Gb. It does work at 1. Maybe try forcing it down to 1Gb if you think it's a 10Gb issue.

DHCP|<-----|Cat3750|=====2GbLACP=====|1930|=====2GbLACP=====|Ruckus|------>|DHCP clients

JASON YOUNG

• 4.  RE: 10Gb and DHCP

Posted 07-15-2021 04:19 PM
    Good to know and I'll keep that in my back pocket as a workaround.  At this point a few VLAN settings have been revamped and DHCP is passing through some of the switches.  Still troubleshooting to get it through the entirety of our mesh.  But it seems as though 10Gb isn't the issue.

Thanks!

J U