Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  Tagging multiple vlans to a port without taking 3 years

Posted 07-12-2021 02:30 PM
    Does anyone know of a faster way than tagging each individual vlan to the same port without having to do it 1 at a time?

For example I would like to tag vlans 10-200 on port 24 without having to tag every single vlan on the port 1 at a time?

On the old 1910-1920 series this could be achieved by typing 10-200 into the box for a particular port and pressing apply. A one click solution.

I have a feeling the answer is going to be no, and if it is I will be returning this 1930 24 port switch.

------------------------------
    TerrenceT Tibbs

• 2.  RE: Tagging multiple vlans to a port without taking 3 years

Posted 07-13-2021 12:38 PM
    Just tick the corresponding checkboxes as in the screenshot below:

Valentin Voica

• 3.  RE: Tagging multiple vlans to a port without taking 3 years

Posted 07-13-2021 05:42 PM
    Hi,
    Apologies, I should have mentioned I am on local management. is this on the cloud management interface?

regards

TerrenceT Tibbs

• 4.  RE: Tagging multiple vlans to a port without taking 3 years

Posted 07-15-2021 04:22 PM
    I haven't found a way to do this on the web interface. 
    If the amount of VLANs justify the workaround I'd
    • download the config
    • manually edit it 
    • and upload it again
    A port config sample for my 1930 looks like this:
    interface 20
     switchport general allowed vlan add 10-16 tagged 
     switchport general allowed vlan add 17 untagged 
     switchport general pvid 17 
    !
    Cheers, Dom

Dominik Gauss

• 5.  RE: Tagging multiple vlans to a port without taking 3 years

Posted 07-15-2021 06:10 PM
    Dom,

Thanks, seems like the only way. God knows why they have dropped the console port and CLI from this series. It's a massive step backwards to be honest. I am seriously considering moving over to Dlink or Mikrotik.

TerrenceT Tibbs

• 6.  RE: Tagging multiple vlans to a port without taking 3 years

Posted 07-19-2021 02:37 PM
    Wow, just signed in/on to this platform; virgin AIO 1930 and I'm scratching my head wondering who the heck determined that eliminating the console/CLI was a good thing...what?!?! The 1910 and 1920-series devices were "long in the tooth" via web-ui, but whatever I couldn't bare to "see", I would hit it via CLI and be done. All this marketing malarkey related to the instant on, cloud, zero touch, etc., is comical at best. I went through their "simple as dirt" process only to discover too many shortcomings to blather about (at this point), but then learning after-the-fact that I can only have it one way -- changes require a reset to factory defaults -- is something I would've appreciated learning before following the 3x5 quick start card that came in the box.

Lance Aughey
    IT Manager
    Hansa Consult of North America
    Portsmouth NH

• 7.  RE: Tagging multiple vlans to a port without taking 3 years

Posted 07-19-2021 03:21 PM
    Lance,

I wrote this just an hour before you posted. Coincidence we both think the same, both coming from the 1910-1920 series which to be honest are far ahead of the 1930.

https://community.arubainstanton.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=7&MessageKey=3ae90af6-19b4-4779-ab73-8850b4af3c4c&CommunityKey=84902a4b-1c23-44a8-8387-5ef7a53d4a4a&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2fcommunities%2fcommunity-home%2fdigestviewer%3fcommunitykey%3d84902a4b-1c23-44a8-8387-5ef7a53d4a4a%26tab%3ddigestviewer

Are you noticing a performance reduction? We have about 28 cameras running over this 1930-24 using just 2 ports and connected to 2 NVRS. When running is the same config across the 1910-24 never had a problem but now as much as 10 seconds latency and even dropped frames. Both dedicated to their own VLANS so shouldn't be an issue. The chipset according to the spec is running twice the clockspeed of the 1910, how can this be? New Linux Kernal maybe?

TerrenceT Tibbs