Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  Manage 1930 via local webif because portal is not reachable

Posted 01-03-2021 11:12 PM
    Hi,
    my 1930 has been set up to be managed via the portal and working for a long time.

The portal is not reachable for the switch because the management ip /gateway is changed. I am able to open the web interface of the 1930 (statuspage on port 8080), but is there any way to change the management ip/gateway if the switch once is set to portal-mgmt??

The switch is working fine, I could only not manage it... 
    I could image that it will switch to local-mgmt if there is no connection to the portal possible.

------------------------------
    DG

• 2.  RE: Manage 1930 via local webif because portal is not reachable

Employee
    Posted 01-04-2021 01:03 PM
    You can assign a static IP address to the switch in the web portal or if you are using DHCP you could reboot the switch and it should get an IP address in the local management IP and gateway.

Greg Thiesen

• 3.  RE: Manage 1930 via local webif because portal is not reachable

Posted 01-05-2021 09:35 AM

Hi Greg,

thanks for your reply.

IF the switch is set up for management by the portal it seems that you could not manage it via the web interface, is that correct?

I am able to reach the switch by http://IP.IP.IP.IP:8080 to see the diagnostic page but I am not able to change the configuration of the switch by its webinterface...

I have to put the switch to factory default and assign it to the portal again en re-configuratie it or put it to factory default and put it in local-mgmt mode.

once you set it to "portal"-mode you could not change (the configuration) to local (web-)management as it seems to me. 

F L

• 4.  RE: Manage 1930 via local webif because portal is not reachable

Employee
    Posted 01-05-2021 10:13 AM
    Once the switch in communicating with the web portal that is the primary management, you can use the local IP to see some basic information. When you are in the web portal you do have the option under the switch and in actions to switch to local management and it will retain your configuration. Once you are in local management and if you needed to go back to the web portal you would have to factory reset the switch.

Greg Thiesen