Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  IGMP Snooping settings in portal and app

Posted 05-14-2021 10:33 AM
    I don't see any settings for IGMP or Multicast anywhere in the apps or portal, can this be exposed in the gui or are we forced to use local management?  This is a big miss.  I need to disable igmp snooping to work with automation systems and I don't want to manage all these locations locally.

• 2.  RE: IGMP Snooping settings in portal and app

Posted 05-14-2021 10:17 PM

Anytime I'm installing an automation system and the network I always install a vpn router so I can access every piece of gear.  Usually a cisco RV series, but Zyxel, Mikrotik and Ubiquiti are also good for routers.

• 3.  RE: IGMP Snooping settings in portal and app

Posted 05-15-2021 10:31 AM
    Thanks, but not sure how that answer contributes in any way.​

• 4.  RE: IGMP Snooping settings in portal and app

Posted 05-15-2021 12:19 PM
    Just saying always provide you're own access to a network when installing an automation system so you can access you processors, cameras, switches, etc, etc, etc and then you could manage the switch locally while being remote.  Usually you want IGMP snooping turned on for most automation systems especially when doing video over IP, what gear are you using?

• 5.  RE: IGMP Snooping settings in portal and app

Posted 05-16-2021 07:41 PM
    IGMP snooping for Control4 should always be off.
    Video over IP is different and runs on its own switch.
    I always have vpn, not the point. We should have an option to manage these things via the app and portal

• 6.  RE: IGMP Snooping settings in portal and app

Posted 05-16-2021 08:37 PM
    I see C4 does have a lot of issues and a lot of brands made their do not use list, probably haven't come across Aruba yet, maybe Access Networks will work out better then Pakedge for SnapAV and C4.  
    Disable 

·         Spanning Tree Protocol

·         Flow Control

·         QoS (Quality of Service)

·         Wireless isolation (QoS setting)

·         Privacy Separator

·         PaGP (Port Aggregation Protocol)

·         IGMP Snooping (or any other Multicast Filtration of any kind)

Enable 

·         multicast function on the router, managed switch and access point (if applicable).

·         UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)
    ​

I wouldn't expect full control from a cloud portal and app cuz that's a lot to expect, the cloud portal is for simple control where as folks utilizing the more advanced L2/3 functions would be using the web gui or most likely command line.  Imagine making a touch panel GUI to handle every function a web gui or command line can do, that would a be a lot of pages and coding for something most people using AIO wouldn't ever use.  If you have a vpn just use it and connect to the switch remotely (locally) through that using the web gui.  I doubt Aruba will ever make everything accessible via the cloud portal.  

• 7.  RE: IGMP Snooping settings in portal and app

Posted 05-16-2021 11:14 PM
    Pakedge is terrible, I don't use it.  We don't need all options exposed, but having the basics sure would be nice.