Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  1930 1.0.5.0 password reset not working

Posted 07-12-2021 02:30 PM
    I'm setting up several brand new 1930 switches. The first one I've unboxed is having issues with the initial setup. I don't want to use the app/cloud control so I'm selecting local management and resetting the password. However after this I'm no longer able to log into the unit.

The username in the upper right shows the correct updated admin username but it won't accept any credentials. Admin/blank password doesn't work and the updated admin name/password doesn't either. I'm using a password generator so I know it's not a mistyping issue since I'm copy/pasting the character string.

I've reset the switch 4 times now trying different credentials and the same issue happens every time.

------------------------------
    Steve Edwards

• 2.  RE: 1930 1.0.5.0 password reset not working

Posted 07-13-2021 11:27 AM
    Hi Steve,

It also happened to me 1 time. Do not use special characters in your password.... only digits and letters. It seems to me that some special characters are not properly handled  to use in a password.

I set a password of 16 characters mixed of letters upper and lower case and numbers, and it worked.

Regards.

Jeff

====
    Jeff | VA2SS

• 3.  RE: 1930 1.0.5.0 password reset not working

Posted 07-14-2021 11:05 AM
    It does look like that was the issue. Extremely strange that it will allow you to set passwords that don't work, but switching to letters and numbers only fixed it.

Steve Edwards