Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  Denial of Service Protection

Posted 04-13-2021 06:39 AM
    I'm testing the Denial of Service Protection feature and am looking for a best practice guide or something like that.
    1.  I enabled Interface Level DoS Protection and enabled ICMP Attack Prevention. I disabled it after testing because it blocks all ICMP packets on that port. Unfortunately you cannot set an ICMP threshold. Is anyone using that feature?
    2. Any experience with SYN Rate Protection? Is someone using Interface Level DoS Protection at all?
    3. The admin guide is not very clear in describing the feature Block SYN-FIN Packets. I'm not a network pro, but SYN and FIN Flags can be included in the same packet. So why should I activate that feature?
    4. I think the default SYN Protection Threshold is fine, I still would like to test it but couldn't find any quick solution on the internet to simulate a SYN attack.

------------------------------
    Michael Beck

• 2.  RE: Denial of Service Protection

Posted 04-19-2021 02:23 PM
    Denial of Service (DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) are cyber attacks that could block your organisation's legitimate traffic or crash your entire network, costing major downtime, lost revenue, and more. hSo offers easy-to-implement protection.

Mansour Warriner