Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  CLI

Posted 11-14-2020 09:32 PM
    Hi Guys

With the condition of the web interface, you really have to give us CLI on the switches. Sooner not later, if you want to sell any more of them to anyone who actually uses one.

They're like a fine car without a steering wheel. I can't imagine what people do when they realize they 48 ports and only that "Simon says" web interface. It's like emptying a well with an eye-dropper.

• 2.  RE: CLI

Posted 11-20-2020 05:37 PM
    Greg, can you shed some light on this? Are they going to give us CLI, or at least update the web interface? Or is this series functioning as designed?

• 3.  RE: CLI

Employee
    Posted 11-20-2020 07:02 PM
    John CLI is not an option for the 1930 switch series. When and if feature enhancements become available you will receive them through firmware for the life of the product.

------------------------------
    Greg Thiesen

• 4.  RE: CLI

Posted 11-21-2020 12:14 PM
    Thanks, Greg. It's not what I had hoped to hear, but it's good to know.

If the GUI were at a level that offered decent manageability, that would be one thing. I use GUI exclusively on my other brand SMB switches. Sadly, it's just not. So I'm afraid no CLI a deal-breaker for this switch series as far as I am concerned. These are not expensive, but as things stand, they are not worth the money, either. And there is so much potential there.

• 5.  RE: CLI

Posted 12-12-2020 07:49 PM

Accessing CLI commands are essential when som very relevant and basic  networking troubleshooting options are not available in the Instant On cloud GUI. The following are basic networking tools:

- To be able to look into relevant interface statistics like load, fcs errors, runts, broadcasts rx/tx errors etc
    - To be able to detect power usage, the GUI is only showing power on/off (I think)
    - To be able to see lldp/cdp port connection  port statuses

Please if not making a CLI access, at least give us proper basic networking troubleshooting tools in the GUI, like some "advanced statistsics" option which issues the neccesary cli commands and outputs statsu into the GUI.

Bjornar.

Bjornar Saternes

• 6.  RE: CLI

Posted 11-30-2020 06:29 AM
    Thanks for the information Facetime for PC

Michelle Anderson