Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  SFP -Force port 1Gb speed/Duplex

Posted 12-12-2020 07:46 PM
    We are requiring to force Fiber SFP ports to 1000FDX. there is no option other than Auto-Negotiate. 
    We are connecting to other vendor equipment (Cogent) and they force their side to prevent port flapping.
    Anyone else have this issue?

This is on a Support certified HPE SFP

------------------------------
    Vaughn

• 2.  RE: SFP -Force port 1Gb speed/Duplex

Posted 03-24-2021 08:09 PM
    I have had a case going back and forth with HPE Support on this and they still have not delivered or updated me since Jan 2021
    Case: 5351720517

Vaughn Manthe

• 3.  RE: SFP -Force port 1Gb speed/Duplex

Posted 04-16-2021 01:23 PM
    An update. Aruba still says they do not know if dev/engineering are working on it and they may have an Answer this April. It is Half way through April as of this post.
    The lack of communications internally to have Support and engineering/dev communicating is in much need of improvement.

Vaughn Manthe

• 4.  RE: SFP -Force port 1Gb speed/Duplex

Posted 06-16-2021 12:30 PM
    I was able on a call with HPE/Aruba and the Product management team.  they missed this in GA and QA.
    They say they will try to add the function to force 1Gb FDX on SFP port hopefully by year end 2021.

Vaughn Manthe

• 5.  RE: SFP -Force port 1Gb speed/Duplex

Posted 09-02-2021 12:40 PM
    This is still an issue and has not been fixed in the latest firmware 1.0.5.0_139

To try and get Aruba to fix such a basic thing that should have been caught in GA and proper QA is just sad.

The response from their support team and internal escalations is disappointing.

Vaughn Manthe

• 6.  RE: SFP -Force port 1Gb speed/Duplex

Posted 11-10-2021 01:51 PM
    Update. Case closed and Products removed and replaced with other brands.

The InstantOn Aruba Support Team has no affect on Dev. and PLM. They are not enabled by management to test with other products and replicate the issues.
    The Dev & QA teams are not doing proper testing with the equipment before it is even released.
    This is after almost  11 months of calls with Support  managers and all they can do is apologize.

DO not expect to connect these switches to other products with 1Gb Fiber being forced to 1Gb Full Duplex. The link will not activate.
    I take the same fiber cable and SFP and it works perfectly on and Procurve 2540 & 1950 and the interfaces are forced and it comes up.

Vaughn Manthe