Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  Port mirroring issue

Posted 04-09-2021 10:12 AM
    I have a Aruba 1930 with software 1.0.4.0.

I turned on port mirroring for a port and it seemed to make the switch hang so I reset the switch and it asked if I wanted to save the settings and I said yes. When the switch came back up, the port I set as probe is marked as probe. It's not showing anything in the port mirror table and won't let me select the same port in the drop-down menu. Any suggestions on how I can get the switch out of this state where I have a probe port without anything in the port mirror table that I can delete?

------------------------------
    Mark Taraba

• 2.  RE: Port mirroring issue

Posted 05-05-2021 01:41 PM
    I have the same exact issue. Probe port still marked as type=probe, but mirror session missing from table. Cant change it back to type=normal and can't select it from the mirroring dropdown lost.

JASON YOUNG

• 3.  RE: Port mirroring issue

Posted 05-09-2022 03:40 PM

Well, I had the same issue come up, I know its a year later, but hopefully someone will find it useful.

I did upgrade to 2.5 last night and still did not see an active port mirroring session in the GUI, and my probe port was still set respectively. I had a thought that "What if I create a new session with two unused ports?" What would happen? Well, I created that session, and although the OG session did not show up, the OG probe port did revert back to a normally switched port, essentially killing the mirroring session.

After that, I was able to add and delete mirrored sessions from then on out.

Robert Townsend

• 4.  RE: Port mirroring issue

Posted 05-09-2022 04:13 PM
    I figured out a work around but didn't post it. If HP/Aruba doesn't seem to care at all about the support for the line, I figured I shouldn't do their job for them. Not sure what the point of this line of products is. Not prosumer line if you want me to buy expensive HP branded cables, but then some features that are above prosumer are missing or broken

Mark Taraba

• 5.  RE: Port mirroring issue

Employee
    Posted 06-06-2022 09:38 PM

Thanks Mark and Robert for your update on this thread.

This issue is fixed on recent released 2.5 SW version however when you have hit this issue on previous versions like 1.0.7 and upgrade the switch to latest SW the issue may still be seen.

Yes workaround mentioned is to create a dummy mirror session with inactive ports and the ports that were unusable will be restored, then delete the dummy mirror session will work.

Aruba Instant On Communications

• 6.  RE: Port mirroring issue

Posted 06-16-2022 11:35 AM
    Same Here.

Create a new port mirror on a free port and delete it . Old "ghost" port mirror configuration now gone.

Bob Gratton