Community How To

View Only
  • 1.  How to switch from bridge mode to Router Mode ?

Posted 03-19-2020 01:54 PM

Hi guys, i have a setup of 2 AP, group together in mesh to form 1 active network in one site.  There is a Firewall/Router at the edge, doing Nat and acting as dhcp server on the Lan.  The AP have been configured in bridge mode when initializing.   Now, we need to take one of the two AP and bring it elsewhere and acting as the router connected direct to an internet cable modem.   The orgnisation is the same.  How can i switch the mode of this AP ? the only options i see on the device are modifying lan configuration (automatic vs static IP) or delete from inventory.  thanks if you have any tips.

• 2.  RE: How to switch from bridge mode to Router Mode ?

Employee
    Posted 03-19-2020 06:47 PM

@Seb 

If you are moving the AP to a different location, you should remove it from the site in the app, and create a new site for the new location.  When you create the new site, you will have the choice to say the AP can be the router for that new site.

Hope that helps!

• 3.  RE: How to switch from bridge mode to Router Mode ?

Posted 06-15-2020 03:31 PM

How can I tell if my AP is in bridge mode or router mode?  I have one AP working that I directly connected to a cable modem months ago.  Now I am having issues connecting additional APs and I think I might be in bridge mode but I don't know how to tell.

• 4.  RE: How to switch from bridge mode to Router Mode ?

Employee
    Posted 06-16-2020 05:44 PM

@tvaneven,

There might be a better way, but if you go in the Inventory and select your AP, the web portal (but not the mobile app) will show "Router" under the device name.  Also, if the AP was configured as a router, the Connectivy section of the AP will show "Internet" for uplink, and will show the IP address on the Internet side.  If you are in bridge mode, one sees "Local Network" under Connectivity for the uplink and you will not see an "Internet IP" address.