Community How To

View Only
  • 1.  External Captive Portal

Posted 02-13-2020 04:19 AM

Hi everyone,

First test with AP11 and first problems...

We have two networks :

- Employees Network (Vlan 100)

- Guest Network (Vlan 182)

On the Guest Network, we use a Captive Portal provided by a firewall/router). Actually, each Switch port is untagged on Vlan 100 and tagged on Vlan 182 to provide this configuration to DLink APs installed now.

When a customer connect to Guest SSID, he is automatically redirected to a splash screen where he can provide is credentials.

But with Aruba's AP11, we cannot have this redirection working, even with assignin Vlan 182 to Guest Network. The most important thing : when we connect, we get an IP address in the Guest Network (provided by the same firewall that captive portal) but we cannot have the slapsh screen.

If I put the Vlan 182 on my employee's Network on Instant On portal, I get the splash screen (but I don't want that).

If I tag Vlan 100 ANS Vlan 182 on the switch, it work for a little time and then, nothing works and connectivity to Instant On portal is lost.

Can we deal with this or not?

• 2.  RE: External Captive Portal

Employee
    Posted 02-13-2020 01:28 PM

@FloNexio  We do have the redirect URL option in the external captive portal that you can point to your firewall. If this is still not working then I would suggest reaching out to support to assist in troubleshooting.

https://community.arubainstanton.com/t5/Contact-Support/ct-p/contact-support

• 3.  RE: External Captive Portal

Posted 02-16-2020 09:48 PM

Me too.
    I just updated my AP firmware and Mobile Apps to the new one (1.4). I tried to create one SSID with Open Guest Network Security. I have a VLAN 200 for the clients. All the connected client will be redirected to my external RADIUS Server. Unfortunately while clients already connected and successfuly obtain the IP Address from the dhcp server, the pop-up display appear but it shows blank page. Sometimes it shows (ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT).
    I also create a Employee Network with WPA2 security. I set the vlan 200 as well. After my clients connected to the SSID, a pop-up display appear and the captive portal appear. Simply the clients just received a normal internet connection with expected security phases.
    I also compare the Open Guest Network Security on AION with Aruba Instant AP. The SSID on Aruba Instant AP just working fine as expected while the AION did not.
    Please advise. Thank you

• 4.  RE: External Captive Portal

Employee
    Posted 02-17-2020 02:40 PM

@KGT-Rangga  Please reach out to support to assist in troubleshooting.

• 5.  RE: External Captive Portal

Employee
    Posted 02-18-2020 02:59 PM

@FloNexio In current Instant On version 1.4 the Guest Networks enforce network isolation by only allowing wireless client traffic destined to the Internet and denying wireless client traffic destined to the local network. This isolation is always enabled regardless of the wireless security option selected (Open, Captive Portal, or Password) and cannot be disabled (in this release). This may impact specific scenarios where reaching a local service for wireless guest clients is desirable.

• 6.  RE: External Captive Portal

Posted 02-19-2020 02:46 AM

@Florent 

Really, a big thanx to you!

I finally have a technical and precise answer to the problem.

So, it can't be resolved at this time...

Maybe in a future release?

• 7.  RE: External Captive Portal

Employee
    Posted 02-19-2020 09:38 AM

@FloNexio Thank you, we will review the possibility to support it in a future release.