Community How To

View Only
  • 1.  How to restore backup on the 1930 switch ?

Posted 10-20-2020 06:29 AM

Hello, i need help to restore a file backup to 1930 switch from local managment. I know how to download  a file, but I don´t know how to apply changes when I upload this file to other 1930 switch. Someone can I help me, please ?

• 2.  RE: How to restore backup on the 1930 switch ?

Employee
    Posted 10-20-2020 10:32 AM

@jmanrique Take a look at the configuration guide.

1930 Switch Series Management and Configuration Guide 

• 3.  RE: How to restore backup on the 1930 switch ?

Posted 10-20-2020 11:29 AM

Thanks for the manual, it is in the first place that I look for how to do the recovery, but it does not explain how to apply the changes or I do not understand it. Could you please explain to me how after uploading the recovery file how to proceed to apply the settings from that file? Thank you very much in advance.

• 4.  RE: How to restore backup on the 1930 switch ?

Employee
    Posted 10-22-2020 01:22 PM

@jmanrique Download the startup-config from the backup and update files and edit the file in notepad if needed save the file. Then from backup and update files select update file and choose Startup-config and select your transfer protocol. and then start transfer  and then reboot the switch from the reset tab and do not save changes when prompted and you should have your new config running once the reboot is complete.

• 5.  RE: How to restore backup on the 1930 switch ?

Posted 11-02-2020 06:58 AM
    good day! 

Unfortunately, the above page does not contain this document (Nov 2, 2020). How can I get it?
    1930 Switch Series Management and Configuration Guide 

Thank you very much

------------------------------
    Serhii Hashchenko

• 6.  RE: How to restore backup on the 1930 switch ?

Employee
    Posted 11-02-2020 11:09 AM
    We have restored the document please go and download it.

Greg Thiesen