Community How To

View Only
  • 1.  Switch 1930 Local management to Cloud management

Employee
    Posted 06-05-2020 05:42 AM

How can i switch the management mode "Local" to "Cloud"?

There is only one way to change it is factory reset?

• 2.  RE: Switch 1930 Local management to Cloud management

Employee
    Posted 06-05-2020 08:40 AM

@yuka0524 That's right, you need to do a factory reset to use your switch in cloud mode.

• 3.  RE: Switch 1930 Local management to Cloud management

Posted 06-29-2020 10:23 PM

Same here, after I switch to local management there are no menu for you to convert it back to the cloud manage. The only way is to reset the switch back to default factory mode.

Beside this, if you have the AP example 3 AP11 connected as a cluster. This will no impact, once your switch back to the cloud manage, you just need to add your AP back to the cloud manage and everything will remaining no changes.

Hope this help. If anyone have any idea to convert the local management back to cloud, please advise us.

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Switch 1930 Local management to Cloud management

Posted 07-02-2020 02:21 PM

This part is concerning to me. I have been considering the Aruba Instant ON 1930 as an upgrade to several HPE 1920s I have. I was thinking the Aruba Instant on web portal would be a welcome addition to get cloud monitoring and administration, but not at the cost of either or. I guess it's the same price as the HPE 1920s equivelant 370W POE+ 24 port version  JL385A with the newer processor and some capabilities like 24 port capable poe. The HPE will require I figure out which of the 24 ports to plug in the poe devices, while the Aruba one will auto detect since all pors are capable.

Do you find a big difference in manageability between the cloud and local?

I've been using Unifi APs and they have both, which really is the cloud communicating with a controller that has a link, either local or remote to their devices. Thus you could use both. However, Arubas Instant On's either or doesn't seem like such a great benefit in comparison if it requires a factory reset to switch management capabilities.

For those of you using the 1930s, how do you find it? I was also asking another discussion about it's capabilities. It looks like a Layer 2+ or Layer 3 lite switch. Anything that is a bit of an upgrade without doubling the price? It seems like the next up is the Aruba 2930 series?

Thanks.

• 5.  RE: Switch 1930 Local management to Cloud management

Posted 07-23-2020 01:36 AM

The either-or thing may be a deal-breaker for me if they don't fix it soon. They lure you in with the dream of cloud-managed hardware with no licensing but once you start using it you see the cloud management is very minimal and poorly implemented.

Price point is great, physical design is great, local gui features are great, app and cloud and poor.

• 6.  RE: Switch 1930 Local management to Cloud management

Posted 10-19-2020 09:08 AM

The real problem is the firmware updates. From what I understand, they are only officially distributed via cloud management or am I wrong? Being very new products I think it is appropriate to keep them updated very frequently ..

• 7.  RE: Switch 1930 Local management to Cloud management

Employee
    Posted 10-19-2020 02:40 PM

@Robeto When in the cloud portal they are offered up to you, and in local mode, you can download the updates as you need.

https://community.arubainstanton.com/t5/Instant-On-Software/Instant-On-1930-Switching-Software-Portal/ta-p/1992 

• 8.  RE: Switch 1930 Local management to Cloud management

Posted 05-07-2022 03:37 PM
    this is pretty goofy and I wouldn't mind so much if AIO aslo offered a VPN router so I could remotely log in and manage the switch and see various router statistics but chances are if you need any advanced setting that would also require giving up cloud management like the switches.   What really seems stupid is the fact that you have to factory default the switch to return to their simplistic cloud management abilities.