Community How To

View Only
  • 1.  Aruba Instant On issue with Chromecast on Guest Network

Posted 12-03-2019 12:00 PM

Not able to connect my Chromecast with Aruba Instant On Guest Network but it is working fine on Employee Network. Can I get some help please...

• 2.  RE: Aruba Instant On issue with Chromecast on Guest Network

Employee
    Posted 12-03-2019 12:51 PM

@tarandeep2019 Instant ON AP does not support airgroup across SSID domains.We are constantly working to enhance the solution. Existing and future customers are going to get enhanced features and software as part of future software updates. Customers will be able to update the software through the mobile app.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Instant On issue with Chromecast on Guest Network

Posted 12-08-2019 07:19 AM

@GThiesen  Thanks for your reply. May I know when can we have that?

• 4.  RE: Aruba Instant On issue with Chromecast on Guest Network

Employee
    Posted 12-09-2019 10:45 AM

@tarandeep2019 I will pass your request on to the product management team. If you are still having issues please reach out to support to assist in troubleshooting.

• 5.  RE: Aruba Instant On issue with Chromecast on Guest Network

Employee
    Posted 12-04-2019 08:09 AM

@tarandeep2019, adding to the previous response.

Guest networks are isolated from employee networks.  Are you having trouble setting up your Chromecast on the guest network?  Or are you saying that your are unable to cast to a Chromecast that has already been setup, which may be cnnecting to a different network?

If the Chromecast is connected to the same guest network as your client, it is expected to work.

• 6.  RE: Aruba Instant On issue with Chromecast on Guest Network

Employee
    Posted 12-04-2019 09:19 AM

More on this.  I tested the guest network and I see that wireless clients are isolated from one another, which makes sense for guests.

Your only option right now then would be to use an employee network if you want to allow casting on wireless.

• 7.  RE: Aruba Instant On issue with Chromecast on Guest Network

Posted 12-08-2019 07:21 AM

@Stephane Tried connecting with the same network itself. It doesn't on either network now. It stops working on employee networks also.