Community How To

View Only
  • 1.  Instant AP Console setup?

Posted 03-04-2021 01:16 PM
    Hey,

We are having separate network issues that I believe are unrelated to our Aruba controller or the Access Points, this is causing me major issues with getting the AP Converted to an Instant AP in the initial steps. Usually I would do the following
                     1. Set up the switch port to the correct VLAN
                     2. Plug the AP into the port and wait for it to do it updates.
                     3. Set a reservation for the AP's IP that DHCP gave it
                     4. Connect to the AP's IP, Change its password, and then after a changing couple of settings click the "Convert" button to Convert it so that it will show up in our Aruba Controller
    Step 4 is where I'm having the issue, I cant get past the password change screen before it disconnects(I'm not even sure if it takes the new password before it bombs out). We had some network changes that has caused everything to slow down and I think this is causing the problem.

My question: If I buy a console cable for my Aruba 305 IAP, will I be able to change the password and convert it that way? if not is there another possible workaround that anyone is aware of?

This issue is the same with multiple AP of different and same models.

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: Instant AP Console setup?

Employee
    Posted 03-04-2021 05:36 PM
    This community forum is for Aruba InstantOn can you please post your questions in the airheads community.
    https://community.arubanetworks.com/home