Instant On - Wired

• 1.  Local vs Web and Voice Vlan

Posted 07-16-2020 10:34 PM

Hi,

Can we expect that at some point the Web interface will get everything (features, controls etc.) that the local interface has?  If not, it's not very useful, to be honest.

Secondly, does anyone have a guide for proper voice vlan setup on these switches?  I'd prefer to do the auto-voice vlan with lldp-med than have to type in MAC address templates.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Local vs Web and Voice Vlan

Posted 07-16-2020 10:36 PM

Also, why can't local web and cloud work simultaneously?

• 3.  RE: Local vs Web and Voice Vlan

Posted 07-22-2020 12:32 PM

I second this, it is very important.

The 1930 switches are effectively useless as cloud-managed to anyone with more than the most basic of requirements. I have been configuring mine in cloud for basic settings, then removing them to finish off, so they are not cloud managed at all.

Even Netgear and Zyxel do better than this frankly

• 4.  RE: Local vs Web and Voice Vlan

Employee
    Posted 07-22-2020 05:21 PM

@easyeasy @ZOOR Thank you for your feedback. We release software updates periodically and each release comes with features and enhancements. Please keep a lookout for more software releases in the future to enhance our product.

• 5.  RE: Local vs Web and Voice Vlan

Posted 07-23-2020 01:29 AM

@GThiesen 

I hope the future is very soon or this product line may be dead in the water.  Why bother releasing it with a cloud interface that has so many features missing? Makes no sense given the intended market.

Documentation is also poor at best.

Where is the documentation about all the lights/LEDs on the switches and their meaning?

e.g. why is it that when I have a DAC cable between 2 switches the site health blinks orange and the sfp+ port blinks orange yet the interface shows me the link is up and running at 10G?  If I remove the DAC cable, site health goes green.

What does the little black button do on the front right of the switches?

Is there a best practice setup guide for QoS of Voice Vlans using OUs or LLDP-MED etc?

• 6.  RE: Local vs Web and Voice Vlan

Posted 07-29-2020 02:20 PM

@GThiesen 

Where is the documentation about all the lights/LEDs on the switches and their meaning?

e.g. why is it that when I have a DAC cable between 2 switches the site health blinks orange and the sfp+ port blinks orange yet the interface shows me the link is up and running at 10G?  If I remove the DAC cable, site health goes green.

What does the little black button do on the front right of the switches?

Is there a best practice setup guide for QoS of Voice Vlans using OUs or LLDP-MED etc?