Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Mounting & AP22 flush mount sleeves

Posted 05-12-2021 08:17 PM

Ok need to rant about the mounts on these APs, they really lack some simple intelligent design.  First they're fairly difficult to mount so they are square to the room cuz of the offset 45 ish clips with no center lines to guide you.  The mounting holes should also be a slotted radius so when you screw the mount to the wall or ceiling, snug it just enough, clip on the AP you should be able to rotate it slightly to adjust its rotation to fine tune the squareness to the walls or ceiling.   Obviously if you're clipping to a ceiling grid this isn't an issue but mine are always installed on sheet rock and with no center line and no screw hole slots these are a PITA.  I'm actually thinking of using other products cuz this is such a stupid amateurish design.

AP22 flush sleeve?  Another poor design, no room for the wire connection, the sleeve should snap onto the AP or screws or something, fortunately gravity helps keep the together when ceiling mounted but I can see wall mounted APs will need something to keep them together.

The mounts and sleeve need an intelligent design upgrade.  Ideally the sleeve should be the mount with slotted radius mounting hole and the the AP snap into that so it can be easily squared up and then secured together as one piece.

• 2.  RE: Mounting & AP22 flush mount sleeves

Posted 05-14-2021 12:52 AM
    Thanks for the warning about the AP22 ones.
    I was going to buy them but I have decided to just chuck the AP behind the false ceiling instead.

The architect also said "no, they must be concealed."

the AP12 bracket really looks like you can only fit it once too. it took a worrying amount of force to remove...

------------------------------
    Still can't change my name from FL17!
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Mounting & AP22 flush mount sleeves

Posted 05-14-2021 10:39 PM
    Here's a typical smoke detector mounting plate which can be mounted to a 1 gang electrical box, a 4" round ceiling box and you can see it has a curved slot for both screws so it can be rotated fairly easily.  This is for a round device that doesn't even need to be squared to its surrounding yet they still make it adjustable so logos or lights can be squared to the room.  It would also be very nice if AIO also was compatible with both style device boxes to make installations that much easier.  Most resi and SMB jobs are sheet rocked not suspended ceilings so being able to put a box in on the rough to facilitate the trim out installation beats the heck out of eyeballing squareness and installing rawls.    Round APs is also something to consider, they never have to be squared, look at Ubiquiti and round speakers, they're so much easier to install.  It doesn't matter how good your APs are if they're a pain in the ass to install and don't looks good especially in the resi market where these APs could get a lot of acceptance with AV dealers if you actually put some thought into their installation and physical design.   

• 4.  RE: Mounting & AP22 flush mount sleeves

Posted 12-13-2022 11:36 AM
      |   view attached
    Here's a very intelligent design from Zyxel for their NWA210AX model.

• 5.  RE: Mounting & AP22 flush mount sleeves

Posted 12-13-2022 11:37 AM
      |   view attached
    and the AP just slides in, clicks and nice and tight to the ceiling