Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Ap12 vs AP22

Posted 03-13-2021 09:48 AM
    Hi,
    We recently installed the AP11 in a site that has a 1gbps fiber connection.  When testing with a PC, it goes up to 400mbps that has a WiFi6 adapter, and also an iPhone 12.  I suppose that if we move to the AP12 or AP22 it will improve.  I saw that the AP12 is Wifi 5 3:3 and the AP22 is Wifi 6 2:2.  Which one should perform better and provide better range?  There will be around 10 devices connected, and most of them are for internet browsing.  

Thanks...

• 2.  RE: Ap12 vs AP22

Posted 04-01-2021 07:52 PM
    It all depends on if the client device supports WiFi 6. If most of them do, then I would go with the AP22. Ten devices is no sweat for either of those devices as they are both advertised to support up to 75 concurrent clients, but I personally think 40-50 is more realistic. I wouldn't get too hung up on the fact that the AP22 is only a 2:2, because it also supports OFDMA which will dramatically improve client performance. The AP12 is also a good option (I myself use the AP12s) and would be a great budget option compared to the AP22 without sacrificing much, if any, performance. Since most the devices will just be browsing, I don't think it matters what the overall throughput on each AP is. I've achieved speeds up to 600mbps on my AP12 and have never found myself lacking bandwidth. I can't speak for the AP22 as I've never used them.

------------------------------
    F L
    ------------------------------