Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  Unfortunately not so "Instant" - On; Switch cant access onboarding

Posted 07-28-2021 05:41 AM
    Unfortunately I have two Switches which I cant get onboarded to a new site.

Model:  Aruba Instant On 1930 24G Class4 PoE 4SFP/SFP+ 195W Switch 1.0.5.0 (139.74328)

the Status LED is solid orange and on the Switch Webinterface it shows status:
    Device onboarding status: Error
    Device onboarding message: Failed to connect to onboarding.portal.arubainstanton.com port 443: Connection timed out

I'm in the same LAN as the Switch and If I open https://onboarding.portal.arubainstanton.com/ in the Browser it opens without issue but of course give me a Token error.

I moved the switch in a clear segment of our firewall where it can access the internet without any blocks / rules or filters. After that didn't helped I tried to connect it directly to our backup line DSL Router, no Firewall nothing in between, directly connected to the internet. Same result.

Same for both switches.

-help-

• 2.  RE: Unfortunately not so "Instant" - On; Switch cant access onboarding

Posted 07-28-2021 07:04 AM
    I now tried to hook up the whole package:

WAN -> 1930 -> AP22
            |
           1930​

Non of those can register to the cloud, they keep trying and getting solid orange after some time. Again, there is no Firewall or anything in between.

It even get more weird; Just in case I tried a 3rd Option, used a Huawei LTE Modem and hook it up to this as WAN. The LTE is proper connected and with my laptop connected to the 1930 I get a IP from the LTE Modem and can do a Speedtest with 80 / 20 M. But the 1930 now not even get a IP Assigned, it fallback to it's default 192.168.1.1 after some minutes.

So not "instant" the whole thing.

Last thing before returning everything is trying it from home this evening, taking one 1930 back home. There I already have AP22 and a small Instant on switch running successfully.

• 3.  RE: Unfortunately not so "Instant" - On; Switch cant access onboarding

Posted 07-28-2021 08:59 AM
    ok, update with a "bit" Progress but even more questions...

Instead of starting with the 1930 Switch I hooked up a AP22 to that orange led "timeout" switch and tried to create the site with that AP. Works instantly, AP was recognized, registerd it self online to the cloud and is now as a single device in my new Site named IFB. The switch where the AP is connected to is still "orange" even after doing a factory reset, same.

I did a connection test on the AP22 and it's fine:

So I doubt it is my fault somewhere but it looks to me either the Switch is dumb or the cloud have some issues...

And to add to this, if I connect my laptop to the switch or connect to the WIFI on that AP22 I'm perfectly online and just writing that post from.

• 4.  RE: Unfortunately not so "Instant" - On; Switch cant access onboarding

Employee
    Posted 08-11-2021 08:04 AM
    Hi Marco,
               As per the config guide, Orange LED means cannot connect to cloud portal. 
    please check if you can access the 1930 management ip address thru web gui and able to see this option. this option would appear if its out of box switch.

------------------------------
    Dhanasekar Panneerselvam
    ------------------------------