Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  Aruba 1930 10Gb performance abnormal

Posted 11 days ago
      |   view attached

Hello all,

I was hoping someone here may have some insight. I'm not getting anywhere with support. We have 2x new Aruba Instant On 1930s. They're maybe 5 weeks old. I have 4x SFP+ modules in them that convert fiber to Rj45. We're using less than 7ft CAT6a cabling. The switches are uplinked to one another on one set, then there are two servers on another set. Everything links up at 10Gbps. The Aruba IO portal interface (these are cloud managed) shows all links at 10Gbps. Both servers are running VMWare ESXi. The hardware is identical, both using Intel X540 NICs. Transferring large files between datastores 5-10GB the speed doesn't even hit 1Gbps. Doing a time calculation or watching the transfer rate on the Web UI of the switch control proves this. I've tried with and without jumbo frames. It makes a minor difference for the better. These two servers in question are on the same 1930, ports 27 and 28. I'm attaching an image of one of the interface on the 1930s and the speed set. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Varian Bohling

• 2.  RE: Aruba 1930 10Gb performance abnormal

Posted 10 days ago

Hi,

1) What type of storage are in the servers? ( Spinning disks, sata ssds, nvme ssds or something else?)

2) In case you have not already, Have you  tried temporarily directly connecting the servers, without the switches; and checking what kinds of transfer speeds you get? ( See topology 1.jpg)

3) If you get acceptable speeds with a direct connection, perhaps try a single cat6a from server1 to just one 1930, and a second cat6a to same 1930? ( See topology 2.jpg)

Travis

Travis Thorne