Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Aruba 303 intermittently changing modes

Posted 03-27-2023 10:25 AM
      |   view attached

Hello community members,

Relatively new Aruba user here encountering a particular problem I am hoping some of you may have come across.

We have thirteen Aruba 303 Indoor APs running firmware 8.11.0.0_85179 SSR in a large factory setup with a virtual controller. 

Intermittently we'll get a report that an area of that factory suddenly isn't able to access the wireless network.

Upon inspection of the Dashboard we show the 'Mode' of that AP has switched from access to monitor without any intervention on our part.

A reboot of the access point will resolve the issue temporarily but it will come up again with no rhyme or reason to it.

I've included an image of the ARM section and some redacted config.

Any help would be appreciated.

Snip of the ARM page

------------------------------
    Chris Brownlee

Attachment(s)

txt
    config.txt   4 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Aruba 303 intermittently changing modes

Posted 03-27-2023 11:30 AM

strange that Enterprise products owner try to find any answer on Insatnt portal :)

Can you show 'Access points' tab with utilization and power of radio.

firstly, i recommend to you back to older fw. i use 8.9.0 on 304/305/315/365/505 cluster. Before i use 8.10 but one of APs have some problem, I don't remember exactly which problem was, but try downgrade and it help.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 303 intermittently changing modes

Employee
    Posted 03-28-2023 03:23 PM

Hi,

We would love to get you the help you need. This is best suited for Airheads.

Aruba Instant On Communications

• 4.  RE: Aruba 303 intermittently changing modes

Posted 04-03-2023 06:02 AM

The best is to open a TAK ticket. First try to upgrade to 8.11.0.1. As already mentioned this is  enterprise product and Airheads Wireless community is better forum.

Best, Gorazd

Gorazd Kikelj