Instant On - Wired

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Instant On 1930 Switch - Join 2 switches, splits vlans into 2 pairs of SFP+ ports

• 1.  Aruba Instant On 1930 Switch - Join 2 switches, splits vlans into 2 pairs of SFP+ ports

Posted 05-18-2023 07:59 AM

Dear community members,
    I'm trying to do something that looks obvious to me but I may be an alien here.

I want to connect 2 1930 switches together and spliting Vlans traffic between two pair of the SFP+ ports.  Something like that:

My current VLANs configuration is like this for Switch 1:

And for the switch 2, I have this:

Everyting work fine for Vlans 1,642,700 on both switch.  Vlan 800,810 are working only on switch 1.  Switch 2 I cannot get an IP from the DHCP server for Vlans 800,810.

Am I thinking too much out of the box or this should work?

I would really appreciate your help on this one, I spent a lot of time trying everything and no success so far.

Best regards,

------------------------------
    PG

• 2.  RE: Aruba Instant On 1930 Switch - Join 2 switches, splits vlans into 2 pairs of SFP+ ports

Posted 05-19-2023 09:38 AM

If it were me, instead of trying to configure different VLANs across each of the 2 uplinks.  Just do a LAG, which will bundle the 2 links together and run all vlans across the LAG.  assign vlans to the access interfaces as you like...  

Eric Chrisman