Extremely Poor performance on AP11 and AP11d

shreda
New Contributor

Extremely Poor performance on AP11 and AP11d

I installed the AP11 and AP11D in my home environment. With the view to be able to manage the network with the mobile app. The plan was to replace the two Ruckus APs I had. Unfortunately when I installed the Aruba Instant On APs I get a very slow transfer speed that renders the network unusable. I have gigabit fibre coming into the house and cat 6 cabling to the APs. Running speed tests on the wall sockets with a wired device gets me 700+ Mbps. over the APs I'm getting 28.9 kbsp (although this fluctuates a little. Any ideas? Tried support chat but it never connects to an agent.
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Extremely Poor performance on AP11 and AP11d

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It seems the Support Chat has an issue. We are actively looking at it to get it corrected ASAP.

Regarding the throughput issue, it certainly doesn't sound right. Could you share some additional details on the client, OS version and software version you are using? We will test this internally to see if we can recreate the issue. It would help if you could lodge a support case (with phone or chat once it is functional) so we can get your logs and other details to debug.

0 Kudos
anthony18
New Contributor

Hi Shreda, The chat support is working at the moment. You can reach the chat support with regards to your issue. Regards, Anthony
0 Kudos
Employee
Employee

We apologize for any inconvenience. The Support Chat is back online. Please reach out to us at your convenience.

shreda
New Contributor

Hi I got through to chat and am awaiting the support team to make contact. It seems the main issue is around IOS devices. iPads and iPhones running IOS 12.XX. The AP11 is the one that seems to cause the most issues. My current transfer speed is 818kbps showing in the Instant On app. Is this normal or should I be getting faster transfer speeds than that?? I have gigabit fibre coming into a netcomm router and cat 6 cable running through a POE injector to the AP11. I also have an AP11D on the same network. Wired through the AP11D I get around 900Mbps on a speed test. When I look at the wireless speed on my HP x 360 it shows around 500-600Mbps. I have no other APs or wireless networks running. Netflix and Youtube buffer all the time. This didn't happen with the Ruckus APs I removed. Cheers
0 Kudos
Employee
Employee

This is certainly not expected. We regularly run a suite of tests before each software release and have run several tests since you reported the issue. All our tests show high throughput in several hundreds of Mbps, as you would expect from any Aruba product. We will analyze all the details you share with the Support team to get to the root cause of this issue and address it appropriately. As you suggest, this issue may be limited to specific client/OS or setup. Thanks for your patience on this while we investigate this further.

0 Kudos
GVL

I have the same issue. Cannot even open web pages with network. This seems to be happening when client connects to 2.4Ghz, when it uses 5Ghz we have much better speeds
0 Kudos
Highlighted
rogerd
New Contributor

I have same problem with AP11d , very  Poor performance  compair with asus router.

And wifi range 

0 Kudos
rogerd
New Contributor

The  connection also drop

0 Kudos
WiFi-Steve

@rogerd and @GVL, I have good performance with my AP11D.  Have you contacted support and were they able to help you?

0 Kudos