Extremely Poor performance on AP11 and AP11d

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Extremely Poor performance on AP11 and AP11d

With my ASUS RT-AC86U i got about 600Mbit/s download 5GHz

and with AP11D max 190 Mbits/s (5GHz). Internet connection is 1000/1000.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

I sold over than 100 devices and I don't found any problem! All the customers that changed Unifi to ION and are extremely satisfied!!
Highlighted
New Contributor

what was the result of your support case???

i am thinking of buying the AP11D but I use a lot of apple products... ^^

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Aruba have acknowledged the problem and stated there are lots of customers with the same issues. After 5 months of getting nowhere I returned mine as faulty for a full credit and bought a Orbi RBK50 which works flawlessly.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

I have returned mine as Aruba are unable to find a suitable solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

I’ve spent months going backwards and forwards on email and nearly 10 hours On support calls. Long and the short of it is. There is an issue with Apple product on Aruba IO. They have not got a fix. So after 5 months I returned my 3 AP s and bought Orbi which works.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

:-(

5months and still not fixed... guess i need to ask if this has been fixed by now but i read so many negative experiences about it... even one response from aruba saying you cannot compare to competitors because they have so many features... anyhow i just need a manageable good AP with vlan capabilities and great range/performance in a wifi-poluted environment Smiley Tongue

guess ap11d isnt the way to go

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

It’s a real shame that they haven’t been able to get it sorted. If using any Apple device I would stair clear of any InstantOn product. The commercial range work fine apparently.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Significant performance improvements have been introduced in the Instant On release 1.4. This is particularly visible in the 2.4GHz band, where better radio channel and data rates management can be observed. At this point in time, there is no known performance issues with the AP11, AP11D, or with regard to Apple devices when running the most recent iOS version.