Community How To

• 1.  Schedule a Wifi

Posted 05-01-2020 10:08 AM

Hello;

I would like to schedule wifi to turn off between 3:00 AM to 9:00 AM yet I was not able to do it with the current system implementation. Is that possible? Or maybe add a reverse schedule.

regards

Abdulaziz

• 2.  RE: Schedule a Wifi

Employee
    Posted 05-01-2020 11:53 AM

@Abdulaziz It is possible to create this today. When creating a new network you have 4 tabs for configuration and the 3rd tab is Schedule which allows you to turn off the SSID. Please see the attached.

Schedule.JPG

@Abdulaziz wrote:

Hello;

I would like to schedule wifi to turn off between 3:00 AM to 9:00 AM yet I was not able to do it with the current system implementation. Is that possible? Or maybe add a reverse schedule.

regards

Abdulaziz

• 3.  RE: Schedule a Wifi

Posted 05-01-2020 12:13 PM

Hello;

@GThiesen unfortunatly that will not work as this will make the wifi active between a time range. For example this will make a wifi active for 9am to 11:59pm. While the requirements that I have is to only shutdown the wifi between 3am to 9am. therefore is it possible to make revers scheduling (i.e. instead of selecting time active we select time inactive) or selecting multiple time slots per day to be active? I would like to request this feature if possible as currently this is not supported from what i read.

regards

• 4.  RE: Schedule a Wifi

Employee
    Posted 05-01-2020 01:03 PM

@Abdulaziz Thank you for the clarification and you are correct this is not supported today. I will pass along your request to the product management team for review.

• 5.  RE: Schedule a Wifi

Employee
    Posted 07-23-2020 12:30 PM

@Abdulaziz The latest version 2.1.0 was just released and now has added schedule featuresSchedule.JPG