Everything Instant On

• 1.  11d ports on the back

Posted 09-09-2019 10:37 AM

I'm having a hard time understanding how the ports on the back of the 11d work.

I want to wall mount mine and the junction box has a pots like and an ethernet port.    Can I put the pots on the PT port?   I think that's what "passive passthru" on back and bottom means.

• 2.  RE: 11d ports on the back

Employee
    Posted 09-09-2019 11:21 AM

• 3.  RE: 11d ports on the back

Posted 09-09-2019 11:58 AM
    I have looked at that several times and it still wasn't clear to me. I confirmed it functions like I wanted. I can connect a POTS like to the PT port on the back and then connect a phone on the E0/PT port on the bottom. My uplink goes to E0 on the back and I can use the three ports on the bottom (I only tried one) for downstream devices.

• 4.  RE: 11d ports on the back

Employee
    Posted 09-09-2019 11:30 AM
    What do you mean by "pots"? If your wall mounting ( if I understood you question) you can use the e0 ethernet port on the back only. The passthrough needs a short cable to jump from PT to e0 on the back to essentially move e0 to the bottom of the ap when using the desk mount.

• 5.  RE: 11d ports on the back

Posted 09-09-2019 12:00 PM

@Jamie_E POTS stands for Plain Old Telephone Service.   

I think I'm good.   Doc just wasn't clear to me and I didn't have any experience with hospitality APs.