2.4GHz fixed channel selection

axthemax
Contributor I

2.4GHz fixed channel selection

Seems like there is no way to assign a fixed channel to an AP or the entire network. For example, it seems - at least AFAIK - Sonos speakers would require all access points to use the same 2.4GHz channel, otherwise it is only possible to use the hidden, proprietary SonosNet. I can see this limitation won't possibly affect too many SMB customers, but considering Auba Instant On can be also a reasonable setup for home networks, it could be desirable.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: 2.4GHz fixed channel selection

@axthemax We are constantly working to enhance the solution. Existing and future customers are going to get enhanced features and software as part of future software updates. Customers will be able to update the software through the mobile app.

0 Kudos
Flex-ICT

Any update on this? And especially on The sonos part? We are unable to add any sonos speakers to an instant-on network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
axthemax
Contributor I

By the way, although a fact at the moment, this should be regarded as a limitation of Sonos, not Aruba ION. The same problem exists with almost any other WiFi solution. With multiple nearby access points, it is generally not a good idea to use identical 2.4GHz channels and also Sonos recommends SonosNet and not WiFi connectivity (or of course 100BaseT connectivity if available) for larger setups. Basically, only if you have only a single WiFi AP and maybe some Sonos speakers in its vicinity - it should be ok - otherwise use SonosNet. I personally find Sonos' approach somewhat strange, especially given the over-usage of the 2.4GHz band. Nevertheless, it would be nice to have configurable static band or channel assignments on a given network.
RudiK
New Contributor

Replaced My Apple WiFi with Aruba instant on and now have issues with my Sonss speakers. They keep disapearing and reapearing. Wish I never mode the switch. Also having issues with AppleTV's and Homebrigde/Homekit.
0 Kudos