Everything Instant On

• 1.  AP11D stuck at green light blinking

Posted 07-23-2020 01:18 PM

Hi All

First experience with instant on, not going to well

3  out the 5 AP11D are stuck at green light blinking 

They have an IP address I cant ping them but cant connect via HTTPS

other 2 AP conneced to the same switch and router for breakout and DHCP etc..

Hard reset or software reset does not help

Any ideas?

thanks

• 2.  RE: AP11D stuck at green light blinking

Employee
    Posted 07-23-2020 02:00 PM

@Bazz_Tars  Please reach out to our TAC support team for assistance troubleshooting you issues.

https://www.arubainstanton.com/contact-support/

• 3.  RE: AP11D stuck at green light blinking

Posted 07-30-2020 01:38 PM

Same problem.   I have Instant on 1930 switch and qty 12 Instant On AP12's.   At first network was going great on install day.  After being up for about 5 hours the switch was showing offline however 4 out of 8 AP's were still up and getting internet.  Pretty wierd how the switch can't reach the cloud but the AP's connected to it can?!?  Then slowly one by one the rest of the 4 AP's went down over the next 48 hours.  Now the whole Wifi network is down, and switch.  The reset buttons don't work for either the switch or the AP's.  The tech support has been laughable.   They don't know anything about the product, give generic troubleshooting, and I have had 0 success with the Aruba tech support for the Instant On product.  I am extrememly disappointed as this is our first deployement using this and already it has been terrible.  Going back to Meraki.

• 4.  RE: AP11D stuck at green light blinking

Employee
    Posted 07-31-2020 01:15 PM

Blinking green power light on Aruba hardware indicates that it's booting up or syncing the config from the cloud - And a single boot cycle on these can take almost 10 minutes on the AP11D. Now that V2 is released and most of the inventory that's shipping is still flashed with V1, it's entirely normal for that device to take 20 minutes out of the box to be ready to dance, because it has to boot up, phone home to the cloud, download the new firmware, reboot, then phone home again. During this entire time, the HTTPS won't be available. And if the process is interrupted, it usually has to start over. 

If you get your hands on a console cable (Aruba AP-CBL-SERU, JY728A) the port is on the back and looks like micro-USB (it's not), you can at least see what's happening on the console - if it's just sitting there or actually doing something (although to my knowledge, once it's booted, there's no way to actually log into the CLI unless you're TAC and know the secret handshake). Caveat: the other APs have a different console connection and require a different cable.