Everything Instant On

• 1.  AP17 Mesh?

Posted 04-04-2020 10:21 AM
    Hi all,
    I can’t figure out a way to set up an AP17 in Mesh mode

The user guides seem to indicate it’s possible (it’s used as an illustration in the Mesh section) but configuration steps seem to indicate that, in order for an Instant On AP to be configured in mesh mode, there can’t be an Ethernet connection

Problem with that is, the only way to power the AP17 is via PoE. Of course I tried to bypass and just use a non-data connected PoE injector but couldn’t ever get the app to recognize it in the “Add a Device over the air” screen

Any help appreciated
    #Mesh
    #Ap17

• 2.  RE: AP17 Mesh?

Employee
    Posted 04-06-2020 07:21 PM

@brennank Ensure your AP17 is close to your main AP that is wired into the network to make an "over the Air" connection. If you continue to have issues trying to connect the AP17 please reach out to support.

https://www.arubainstanton.com/contact-support/

• 3.  RE: AP17 Mesh?

Posted 04-07-2020 11:17 AM

Thanks @GThiesen but doesn't having a PoE Uplink disable Mesh?  The directions for getting a mesh point online seem to indicate that in the presence of an ethernet uplink the radio won't join as a mesh point

• 4.  RE: AP17 Mesh?

Employee
    Posted 04-07-2020 11:49 AM

@brennank The only way to power the AP17 is through ethernet and using a mid-span injector. This will be the only way to get the mesh up and running. With all other AP's plugging in an ethernet cable disables the mesh feature. I would recommend working with support to find out what may be giving you issues.