After al my problems another disapointing day with my Aruba WiFi at home. 2 out of 4 AP11 are connected at 100Mbps (never had 100Mbps connections at home). Restart nothing, portswap and powercycle -> AP 1Gbps (The 'falty' Gb port functions OK with my other device), My Sonos is gone now, restart Sonos not comning back, Other AP11 shutdown -> Sonos reapears. Oke solved again.
I am getting sick of it. Never had any problems with my apple wifi but after replacing them whith the Aruba AP11's (same port, same places) the **bleep** started:
I had hoped to get a userfriendly semiprofessional from the guys (Aruba) that now how to make a WiFi network work. I think now I got a Chinese product of Trust (They probably do a better job right now). I hope Arube puts some extra effort in making it better (Bit sceptic as FW updates are not verry frequent and info on what they fixed is scarce).
Hi @RudiK - These issues are certainly not expected. Please reach out to the Support team to open a support case. We would like to get to the root cause for the issues you are observing in your network and help stablize your network. Appreciate your patience as we work through the details of the issues.
I have to agree. I am aware (from other office locations) that to make Sonos work you have to turn off broadcast filtering.
(Finding that little nugget the first time took forever). In our newest office we purchased AP11's and if there is a way to turn off broadcast filtering, I can't find it.
Maybe this is a quality product, but foreign languge support plus the tendency to push users to "The Community" instead of supporting your own product is very uncool. (Imagine going to the Happy Tavern for dinner and asking the waiter what's in a particular dish. He says "I really care about your dining experience, so I'm not going to tell you. Check with the community of Happy Tavern diners and ask them. That's bullsh*t and not something good companies do to their users.)
Thank you for you patience with this issue. To address your concern, we provide 24x7 phone support for 90 days and chat support for the rest of the year. So, if you do see such issues, please contact TAC.
Regarding the issue itself, this seems like a bug and our team is working to resolve it soon. As you know, with every periodic software release, we enhance the functionality of Instant On and introduce new features. So, please keep a close lookout on the upcoming releases.
Update available (If yo wait long enough al probleem wil be solved)
This version includes the following:
- Support for PPPoE connectivity in Wi-Fi router mode.
- Ability to view and block applications per network.
- Ability to view top used applications per client.
- Simplified configuration of RADIUS Network Access Attributes and NAS IP Address.
- Support for Open Guest network security.
- Ability to control Wi-Fi band selection (2.4GHz and 5GHz) for wireless networks.
- Ability to enable or disable legacy 802.11b rates.
- Radio channel selection improvements and ability to control channel selection and channel width.
- Ability to turn device LED off when operating under normal conditions.
- Ability to disable application visibility engine for performance sensitive deployments.
- Improved wireless range for over-the-air connections and better support of outdoor deployments.
- Wireless client roaming performance improvements.
- Other minor bug fixes and usability enhancements.
So let give it a try again (had swapped my Apple WiFi back in)