BEWARE of version 2.0.0 if you use Sonos

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Re: BEWARE of version 2.0.0 if you use Sonos

Dear @Sharanya ,

How exactly do you mean when you say: "If there are any other issues you are facing, please reach out to Instant On support."?

I am a Hungarian end-user customer. There is not a single Hungarian contact phone number on the support page.

I cannot register on the Aruba Support Portal as it is only open for companies, so I cannot register with my gmail or hotmail address.

If I post my problem here, I get a standard answer to contact support (which I cannot, due to the above mentioned reasons) or that my problem is already solved (it is not).

Thank you,

Rurik

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

I live in Israel, and there is no phone number for Israel support either. I used a chat (which I cannot find now for the life of me) - but I guess you can mail the support directly. Since I have an open case around the multicast issue, I have the support direct e-mail: gsd_csc_case_mngmt@hpe.com

I have learned a few interesting things:

1. The AP12 (as well as others, I assume, it's just that I have AP12) has SSH CLI, but we - the regular people - cannot login to it. It requires opening by Aruba support team. 

2. Also - it requires OTP available only to Aruba/HPE employees.

3. The simple workaround is (when and if you have a CLI, and it will apply until you reboot the AP) to set 'no airgroup' on configure terminal ('conf t') and to apply using 'commit apply'. As said before - you cannot do it because you can't have CLI to the device without support enabling it (for a limited time) and without having HPE employee generating the OTP password.

So - this is my insight about it. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor I

@ezaton @Rurik I always use the chat option to initiate contact with support, a "Chat Now" icon pops up in the bottom right hand of my browser window when I go to the "Contact Support" page via the menu at the top of this site.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

@Rurik On the support page do you have the chat option in the lower left hand side of the page? And can you call into 

Austria:

08-1000-2000

Instant ON Support.JPG

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

I'm also seeing this problem on an older sonos system where we updated the network.  Personally I don't like sonos and the network issues they have with STP and any time I have to use them they almost always wired amps with wifi turned off.  I hope a fix is coming soon cuz otherwise I'm ripping these out and going back to cisco SMB APs, I'll have no choice, clients will be moving back in soon.  Please do something a.s.a.p. cuz I have liked these until this sonos BS.  Has anyone tried HEOS with these?  I prefer them to sonos but again I almost always wire them except for my personal use.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Today I changed my visibilty and control to summary

My 2.4 wifi band so only channel 1 is an option despite having 3 APs, deselected 6, 11 options

I put all my Sonos on wifi, disco'd the ethernet on two that were wired with wifi disabled.

changed sonosnet to use channel 1 too even though they're set for wifi (wm1)

Now they seem pretty stable.

I did read that sonos wants all APs on a single channel but for the life of me I can't image why  unless they're still meshing somehow.  On sonosnet sure, they're meshed and have to be on only 1 channel.  IMHO on wifi APs should have all channels available but this seems to be working now and if I plug anyone in that device won't be visible most of the time.  Sometimes it pops up which is good so I can enable the wifi again and unplug the ethernet cable.  What a PITA but at least I might not have to pull the Aruba APs and put in another brand, knock on wood.

So broacasts, multicast aren't forwarded to the wired network but somehow make it through to the other APs?  Very strange!

It would be nice to hear something from Aruba, progress, eta, work arounds, anything!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

@VAV @scott83 @ezaton @Rurik @vbec27  We are diligently working towards a resolution to the current issues with shared services that everyone is experiencing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

@GThiesen : Just installed 2.0.2, DLNA problem is still not resolved. This is getting frustrating for a product of this category.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

@Rurik  Do you have shared services running or turned off? The default is off when this patch was installed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

@GThiesen : where should I see this? I cannot find this option.

0 Kudos