Everything Instant On

• 1.  Empty Statistics / Application View

Posted 08-09-2019 06:23 AM
    Using the iOS App or the web based management GUI, the statistics view for apps / visibility is empty, showing zero bytes transferred. I first thought it takes some time for data to accumulate, but after several days, it still shows nothing. Does this have to be enabled somehow? Is the firewall required to allow certain statistics data traffic to the cloud platform?

• 2.  RE: Empty Statistics / Application View

Employee
    Posted 08-09-2019 11:23 AM

@axthemax The firewall should allow the standard ports of 80 and 443 and application monitoring is enabled by default and cannot be turn off or on. Please reach out to support for assistance.

• 3.  RE: Empty Statistics / Application View

Posted 08-10-2019 02:37 PM
    Thanks. I contacted support but figured it out in the meantime. My firewall was blocking NTP and Instant On access points seem to synchronize their clocks using NTP. Either access points would not send any usage data with unsynchronized clocks, or the cloud platform would drop usage data without feasible timestamps. In any case, no / empty usage statistics are displayed. Would be great if there was something mentioned about NTP in the documentation and even better, if an alarm would tell the user that the clocks did not synchronize.