Everything Instant On

• 1.  Experience with AIO so far

Posted 08-06-2020 09:10 AM

Not sure what the plan is, but so far not impressed with the support on these products.  No better than what Ubiquiti offers (not much).  Had to fight with agents to get them to log a ticket because they insisted AIO support is only 24x5, even though it's marketed everywhere as 24x7 (free for 90 days). Responses since opening the tickets have been super slow, and community support is very very slow.

So overall, HPE is really dropping the ball on what could be a great product line:

- Incomplete functionality in the cloud management

- Inability to move back and forth from cloud to local or to have both in parallel

- Lacklustre support and little or incomplete documentation

- Ceiling brackets for APs are stupid thick

- No passthrough port on most of the APs

- No standalone router offering

On the plus side, the switches look nice and are well priced.

What has been everyone else's experience so far?

• 2.  RE: Experience with AIO so far

Employee
    Posted 08-06-2020 06:34 PM

Thank you for your feedback!

I would like to understand more on what you would like to add to our feature set in the cloud management portal. Instant On is meant for the SMB and in designing the portal, we have ease of use and simplicity as the main drivers.

Also, what kind of documentation are you looking for? We have extensive documents ranging from user guides, installation guides, deployment guides (technical documentation for best practise recommendations), HW documentation, videos and many more on the support tab of the website (https://www.arubainstanton.com/).

The cieling brackets are specifically desgined for aircooling and to account for the curvature bend of the cable.

We have intentionally kept the cloud portal and the local management options separate (for switching) to support a single source of truth and to maintain configuration consistency. 

We do have the router and gateway functionality on the APs itself which ensures you do not have to spend extra dollars to buy another hardware device and simplifies your deployment. Hence you are right that there is no separate router platform.

• 3.  RE: Experience with AIO so far

Posted 08-24-2020 08:19 PM

You can't configure VLAN interfaces or L3 functionality on the switches in the portal. That's probably the biggest annoyance. I'm fine with keeping the cloud/local separate mgmt options, but you reallty need to add L3 functionality via the portal.

I just started with 3 AP22s and 1 1930 195W switch today as a test deployments before we start recommending this to clients. So far we have 0 email alerts, no MFA on the portal, no abiity to channelize the deployment statically. 

• 4.  RE: Experience with AIO so far

Posted 08-25-2020 12:02 PM

I would like to add though, that coming from Unifi for these tpyes of entry level deployments, this is a million times better. Ever since Unifi went to 4.x firmware they have sucked. DHCP issues, AirPlay issues, roaming issues. Just garbage. 

With this AIO, I have been kicking the hell out of it. Converting APs to mesh, dropping APs, all while AirPlay streaming and roaming around between these 3 APs. Not a single hiccup. Not a single DHCP issue. Really, really solid.

So while I would like to see MFA and email alerts, this a really solid product to start off with.  Good job Aruba.

• 5.  RE: Experience with AIO so far

Posted 10-20-2020 08:29 PM

i am seeing instanton really lacking for any smb, Aruba is saying it is supposed to compete with ubiquiti and engenius but there is no way.

for one the others have way more management options and settings.

2 the instanton's have really poor performance and not many settings, this is really not made for any smb market with the limited config options or views or logging, they really need to look at the meraki, ubiquiti and engenius management pages to really compete. 

The instanton AP's do not auto adjust channels, they do not have power settings, i might have to go to go back to ubiquity with these very very limited options

also on the switches you can switch it to local management mode and have way better options and logging on the switch but to switch it back to instanton you need to factory default the switch that is not great you really need to add the same options as ubiquiti even if you have to switch to advanced mode and it will be as compairable to ubiquiti

• 6.  RE: Experience with AIO so far

Posted 09-12-2020 03:09 PM

Had the same thing when I opened a ticket, being told it's 24x5 support on my 1930 when every document says 24x7 for the first 90 days.

• 7.  RE: Experience with AIO so far

Posted 09-17-2020 03:24 PM

@ZOOR  I purchased some AP's and totally agree with you on my test so far....

NO secondary port on any AP's??
    Aruba will not offer any kind of standalone router for firewall rules, etc??
    The mounts are very very very hard to remove from AP.... can't imagine trying to remove from from ceiling or wall on ladder????
    No bandsteering in options???
    Switch is almost unconfigurable in the portal????

I packed all of mine back up today and shipped it back to get my $$$$$$$ back.  So to get anything decent you have to go to the subscription based model... NO THANK YOU!!!!!