I just installed 2 brand new AP11 access points which I receivd today and I'm experiencing unacceptably poor performance.
I'm receiving roughly 45mbps up/down on an intel AC3160 and AC7260 whereas on my previously installed Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LR or UAP-AC-Lite I was getting more then 4x performance.
Access point is connected to a 3750x switch with Gigabit PoE and is installed roughly 10 feet away from user.
I'm specifying 2 SSID's each bridged to a unique VLAN.
Any assistance from the manufacturer would be appreciated.
You should be getting much better performance out of the AP11. If you are still experiencing the problem, best is to contact Support, they should be able to help you troubleshoot. If you can also say which client(s), device and measuring tool, you are using for assessing the performance, that may help pinpoint the problem. Thanks.
I phoned support last Tuesday to open a case.
They mentioned I should get an email with a case ID which I unfortunately did not get which makes me believe the case was never submitted/created as I still haven't heard anything.
Here is my testing setup:
Both machines running Windows 10 and Linux were using latest available drivers.
To verify my test setup, I ran iPerf across the same VLANs wired and I received line rate.
Next test was copying a large 8GB file from a wired host to another wired host over WiFi with still poor results.
I purchased these devices for clients who were looking for some of the features offered.
I've since torn these devices out of my network as they were unusable and have since put the Ubiquiti gear back.
Is someone who is an employee able to open a case for me and ensure it actually gets opened?
See resolved issues in v1.3 in the release notes: https://community.arubainstanton.com/t5/Release-Notes/Instant-On-Release-Notes/ta-p/758
There was an issue with AP performance that is now resolved. It would be great if you could try your tests again, I suspect you were hitting this performance issue on the AP11.
I reinstalled one of the Access Points after deleting the site and factory resetting the AP.
I can confirm the AP is running 1.3.0 and is performing a little bit better but it's still not behaving like other vendors I'm testing.
TAC has reached out to me and we have a case opened to try and troubleshoot further.
Unfortunately, this product is designed for the end user with no advanced information relating to Frequency width, signal levels etc which makes troubleshooting very difficult without trying to involve TAC which will become unusable without paying for support.
I'm hoping for a good outcome as they have some really good features at a good price point.
Hi thanks for your feedback. We have kept the configuration as simple as possible to enable ease of use for customers. We have Aruba's enterprise grade optimization engine running on the APs constantly to ensure that the best frequency and power levels are chosen at any given point in time by measuring the RF environment.
As you know, we have constant software updates being released with new capabilities. Stay tuned for more releases.
Providing an update to this post in case anyone is following it.
Support and I are continuing to look into the issue and has been escalated to engineering for further investigation.