Everything Instant On

• 1.  Feature Request - Disable Multicast / Broadcast Filtering

Posted 05-20-2020 03:55 PM

As of v2.0.0 there seems to be multicast and broadcast filtering enabled, while I realize that filtering this traffic can improve wifi performance, it all breaks discovery protocols that use multicast and broadcast unless explicitly allowed by the new "Shared Services" feature (which doesn't seem to be working properly at the moment).

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Feature Request - Disable Multicast / Broadcast Filtering

Employee
    Posted 05-22-2020 06:25 PM

Hi

Thank you for your feedback. We have made several improvements to this feature of Shared Services in Instant On 2.0 software release. However, since there are multiple deployment options, we are aware of some these use cases that are not working. We are actively investigating them to find a fix. We will release a new software to address it. Appreciate your patience. If there are any other issues you are facing, please reach out to Instant On support.

• 3.  RE: Feature Request - Disable Multicast / Broadcast Filtering

Posted 05-27-2020 04:30 PM

@Sharanya Thank you for taking the time to respond, I should have phrased my request better, I meant to say that it would be nice to have the option to disable multicast / broadcast filtering and/or Shared Services, this way if it is causing issues we can disable it.