How to disable CaptivePortal

Highlighted
Yegor

How to disable CaptivePortal

Hi!
I got AP15 with SW version 1.2.0

According to manual there must be “Captive portal” on/off switch. But there is no such switch in Identification tab.

If External (Bridged) mode enabled, clients are still redirected to Aruba’s Captive portal.

Is there any way to totally disable Captive portal?

Thank you.
3 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: How to disable CaptivePortal

@Yegor - As you noticed, this option is not in the current software release. However, we keep enhancing software with new capabilities and features.

0 Kudos
Yegor

@prince thank you.

We have an issue with this feature. As it is in offcical manual, but it is not in Aruba portal.

We sold several APs to customer and we expected them to work as it was in manual.

Customer has it's own captive portal with SMS and other authentication ways which is not possible to make in current Aruba software release.

Is there any undocumented option to disable CP?

It is important for me, because another way I will need to buy these APs back from customer.

Which is not good because they were already used.

Hope there is a solution.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
MeowserKat

This is NOT a good start for a new product. If you have something documented in the manual, this must be a working feature in the software. Reading through this forum I am starting to see more reasons not to sell this product to customers, then benefits to using the Instant On product. 

0 Kudos