ION Release 1.3 is out !

axthemax
Contributor I

ION Release 1.3 is out !

Seems like Firmware Release 1.3 is here. So far I spotted the following:

• Facebook and external guest portal
  • more detailed statistics, especially most visited sites etc.
  • Ability to deny allow/access of individual traffic categories on a per SSID basis
  • changed UI here and there, like new icons in device view

I am certain release notes will follow if not already there somewhere.
Great new stuff indeed !

Axel

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bcrawfo2
Occasional Contributor II

Re: ION Release 1.3 is out !

Thank Axel, I missed the update. It's funny, I was just thinking the other day that we were duped thinking we would get software updates....and there one comes. The content filter by SSID was a little tricky to find (you go under applications, find the category and then it has sliders for each network) We can still dream for per SSID bw limits, but I expect that'd be a fundamental change where they'd have to elect one AP to as the controller.
0 Kudos
Stephane
Occasional Contributor I

0 Kudos
Highlighted
axthemax
Contributor I

bcrawfo2,

there are per SSID bandwidth limits - go to "Network", <any ssid> and select the "Options" tab. This, however, applies "per client", or "session" and not system wide for all users of a given SSID.

Is a system wide bandwidth limit for a given SSID what you wish for? If so, you could implement this by applying VLAN tagging on a SSID and use some sort of traffic shaping on the firewall or router....

0 Kudos
bcrawfo2
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks @axthemax    I get that solution.  Just looking at ways to deploy these in various environments that might not have bw control capabilities.

0 Kudos