I moved over from UniFi APs because I was getting tired of some of the poor support the company was offering, and wasn't comfortable going to Meraki for my home network. Licensing was prohibitive for the deployment I was hoping to do; Because of the density of my neighborhood, I was planning to add more APs and drop power levels for more reliable connections.
Well, that's the first problem with the Aruba APs. It appears I can't comtrol the wireless radio strength at all. The 5ghz radio in the two APs I've deployed are cranked to full blast, "Very high" power, and the 2.4ghz radios are transmitting at "very low". I suspect clients are trying to bounce between my two deployed APs.
Over the last few days I'm increasingly getting devices not able to get IP addressed from my DHCP server, and I suspect there's something with how the APs are handling VLANs. I never had DHCP issues with the UniFi APs. But reviewing the Aruba app shows that the APs have the clients connected to an AP, but not getting an IP. I've tried disabling the private MAC address feature on iPhones, but doubt that's the issue, as two of my google home minis have also exhibited the issue.