Only Allow Specific Clients/Mac addresses

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Only Allow Specific Clients/Mac addresses

Dear All, 

I can see a new release is out 1.4. Just wanted to confirm that do we have the capability now to only allow certain mac addresses to connect to the SSID while block all others? this feature is very common among other brands. Just wondering when(if not yet) it will be available in Instanton?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Only Allow Specific Clients/Mac addresses

@Ronin101 

You have the ability to block (Blacklist) clients on the network. We currently do not have an allowed (Whitelist) for clients.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor I

Is there a chance that a mac filter whitelist will be implemented?

Often we do have the requirement of our customers to implement one or multiple mac filter whitelist for different networks and may need to move to other solutions because we can't do it with instant on aps
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

@Ibeme We do have a newer feature within the SSID called Network Access that gives you the ability to allow internet access and block all local traffic with the exception and that is done via an IP address.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor I

I know.
But we often do have the requirement that mac filtering is activated for the internal ssid to only allow certain devices.

That can't be done with the feature you described.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

@Ibeme Correct we do not have today MAC address filtering as an option. If we do it will be updated via firmware at not additional cost.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor I

It would be great if that could be implemented Smiley Happy
0 Kudos