Poor wifi-performance

Highlighted
New Contributor

Poor wifi-performance

I am having poor experiences with AP15 and AP11, countless number of issues (e.g. incomplete webpages download; frequent drop connectivity and etc.) The supporting team has been great in addressing many issues but, after 7 months since I bought the APs, there are some issues still remain resolved, of which it is the poor wifi transmission power. I upgraded my mesh network from another vendor, in the hope that Aruba system is more stable and more reliable. But, dead corners, which previously were non-existent in another vendor network, are re-created with Aruba mesh network. I tried to communicate this to the support team. After exchanging messages back and forth, the support team admited that this issue cannot be resolved because the APs in Instant On range does not automatically power up when there are interferences, and there is no way to set this manually. This is the reason why I am writing this to encourage the development team to rethink of putting this function in place. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Poor wifi-performance

@mybacin Thank you for working with support and providing feedback we will make sure this is passed along to product management. Support is correct that the AP radios try and mitigate interference and will turn up or down based on the environment. Having radios power turned up 100% can cause poor clients issues of not moving from AP to AP as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanking @GThiesen for your reply. 

Based on my understanding with your tech support team, the Instant On range does not have the ability to power up when there are interferences (this function is available in higher price range). Smiley Frustrated. This is why I believe that I and, a few others in the portal, are facing poor wifi performance. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

@mybacin Thank you for the feedback and we will make sure to pass along the request to the product team to review.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hi We did make some improvements to the power levels in 2.1 release. 

Please contact support if you are still seeing issues.

0 Kudos