Reporting

wintechie_io
Occasional Contributor I

Reporting

Hi everyone, My customers requiere some form of reporting, Is there a reporting feature coming up in the next releases? regards
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Stephane
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Reporting

Hello @wintechie_io , can you be more specific on what type of reporting your customers are looking for?

0 Kudos
wintechie_io
Occasional Contributor I

Hi @Stephane , I think basic usage and network reporting is necessary when you have an installation that has 5 or 10 APs, that could mean near 100 users. I think (using Central reporting chart) a few of the categories could be of much help to mantain a healthy network Network Client inventory Infra Inventory Client usage, Client sessions I´m not expecting the same detail as in Aruba Central, but the more the better
0 Kudos
Employee
Employee

We currently have monitoring information and alerting information. So, for example, if there was a problem in the network, you would be instantly notified using the push notifications. We are looking to constantly improve the product with every software release. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
wintechie_io
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks for your comment Sharanya, monitoring and alerting are useful, we also need reporting, I hope to see this feature in the near future, thanks.
0 Kudos
Breakingcustom
New Contributor

Reporting is definitely useful when you have a customer who wants to know how much their wireless is actually being utilized.  They might want to know how many people connect to their wireless on any given day or look at trends such as bandwidth spikes usually happen at 3PM.  Those are just some examples, but I'm sure there are more.

0 Kudos
mpdsystems
New Contributor

Hi All,

It would be nice to see the following enhancements.

Reporting needs a history of a month or more.

The Connected Clients list needs a history report (day, week, month, year) so that we can analyze the following;

• Usage patterns and top applications over time.
  • Detect unauthorized clients (these can be breifly connected and we still need to be able to block these.)

The Active Network Statistics chart needs a history report (day, week, month, year)

• Clicking on any category in the Active Network Statistics chart should bring you to the corresponding section in the Applications  report.

The Inventory report needs a history showing max clients,and min clients as well as current clients. (day,week,month, year)

These are just some of the reports that we would like to see in the next version.

0 Kudos