Instant On - Wired

• 1.  1930 Loses Cloud Connectivity

Employee
    Posted 08-03-2020 03:41 PM

I've been battling with the 1930 JL681A in my home setup. When I initially configured the switch, everything worked as advertised. About a week later, the switch went offline (Amber Cloud LED). I've factory reset the switch, configured it in the portal, and it does connect, but only for a few minutes, then goes offline again.

My home setup has the XFINITY WIFI Cable Modem. It is set to serve a DHCP IP address to the switch. While troubleshooting the setup, I manually set a static IP address for the switch in my home subnet via the 1930 web gui. Now the switch does pass packets to the WAN. However, it will not allow me to configure in the Instant On cloud.

Does this sound like something is going on with the XFINITY cable modem? Any other ideas for troubleshooting? My grand plan is to get a new cable modem to replace the XFINITY model; however,  I then need to get the AP12 access point up & running too.

#XFINITY

• 2.  RE: 1930 Loses Cloud Connectivity

Employee
    Posted 08-04-2020 02:44 PM

@Dannotov I would suggest opening a support case to have them help track your issues to see where the problems might be occurring. I would factory reset the switch so it can get a DHCP address from your router when working with support.

https://www.arubainstanton.com/contact-support/

• 3.  RE: 1930 Loses Cloud Connectivity

Employee
    Posted 08-04-2020 03:03 PM

I opened a case last week. I'm looking for any community feedback.