1930 getting random POE Hardware faults

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

1930 getting random POE Hardware faults

Hello,

on my 1930 24p POE+ i am getting random "Hardware Faults" in POE setion, only on not POE enabled devices - like normal NICs from PC or other network devices.

They are only there for a few seconds, when I refresh the page the faults are gone or went to another interface.

The POE LED is not getting orange - so it doesn't seem to be a critical fault.

Question - is that normal?

Firmware: seen on 116 and currently 125.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: 1930 getting random POE Hardware faults

@ChAoSWK  Please reach out to support to assist in troubleshooting your issues.

https://www.arubainstanton.com/contact-support/ 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor I

Re: 1930 getting random POE Hardware faults

@ChAoSWK I have this happen on an 8-port cloud managed 1930 too, the health LED and POE LED flash orange for a few seconds, if I am quick enough to toggle LED mode, I can see that the fault is indicated on the port that is connected to my printer, which has no POE capabilities. If I plug my printer into a different port, that port will eventually become the POE fault port. I do have a AP11D connected to this switch and have had zero issues with POE. The uplink to the 1930 is a POE 2530-24G and this port also has had zero issues. This fault condition happens 2-3 times a day for only a few seconds. I'm guessing it's some kind of bug, haven't had the time to reach out to support yet as I'm not super concerned about it at the moment. 

0 Kudos