Instant On - Wired

• 1.  Missing IP address when clients connect to Switch directly

Employee
    Posted 10-08-2020 11:36 AM

hello all,

background of my network... i have a Aruba 7005 acting as my gateway/modem and have multiple Instant AP (2) AP11D and 1 AP22, i set those up with new SSID running only on Instant ON. i connected the switch to my 7005 and add it to the Instant on inventory. (also i have tried connecting it to an AP11D as well) i can see my device connected to the switch. the switch gets a correct IP address from my main DHCP (7005 main network) but any other device connected to the switch does not get IP address from the network or the vlans IP i created. below will be image.

No IP address.png

But it does not pull IP address from DHCP from Instant on network. the wifi works and pulls IP but not the wired. this was my own laptop. i was getting self assigned IP address.  here is an image of how its set up. maybe someone can help before i give them a call. Wired connection.png

any help will do... i had set up a wired connect with VLAN ID (XXX) and when i connected my NVR to it with a Static and DHCP IP it does not show any IP info and i can not ping it, but it shows on the switch.

• 2.  RE: Missing IP address when clients connect to Switch directly

Employee
    Posted 10-08-2020 02:33 PM

@RPastor Make sure you are tagging the ports for the VLAN on the switch that you want them to connect with.

• 3.  RE: Missing IP address when clients connect to Switch directly

Employee
    Posted 10-08-2020 04:47 PM

by tag you mean this correct: see below picture. also i have tired that too still no IP address.Vlan Tag.png

also. it does not show IP address of my "server" on the "connected list" but i can ping it. and if i use a DHCP and not static, there will be know way to see what ip it has on the switch .

• 4.  RE: Missing IP address when clients connect to Switch directly

Employee
    Posted 10-08-2020 05:31 PM

@RPastor I think I may have misunderstood your first message. Are clients wired or wireless getting an IP address? Are the IP addresses just not showing in the portal?

Your 7005 has all your VLAN's and DHCP scopes that you are trying to use and are being passed to your 1930 switch and you have defined them?

From the 1930 what are you trying to define?

We do have a know issue where wired clients' IP addresses are not showing in the portal.

• 5.  RE: Missing IP address when clients connect to Switch directly

Employee
    Posted 10-08-2020 10:40 PM

Are clients wired or wireless getting an IP address? connected to switch are wired. (not getting IP address from DHCP)

Are the IP addresses just not showing in the portal? yes, it only show a " - " 

Your 7005 has all your VLAN's and DHCP scopes that you are trying to use and are being passed to your 1930 switch and you have defined them? yes i have added the vlan and the DHCP scope on the controller.

From the 1930 what are you trying to define? 1930 does not pull DHCP ip to clients connected directly to switch

• 6.  RE: Missing IP address when clients connect to Switch directly

Employee
    Posted 10-09-2020 11:50 AM

@RPastor Sounds like your 7005 is not passing DHCP to the 1930. Have you created DHCP relay profiles and applied then to VLAN interfaces?

• 7.  RE: Missing IP address when clients connect to Switch directly

Employee
    Posted 10-12-2020 05:59 PM

yes i have set up DHCP pool and set up vlans on the controller. i think the issue is that once the unit is run by cloud it limits the controll of setup ports config. i think i would have to change it to manage local vs cloud. i dont want to do that because thats the reason i am testing and using it for. i will be pulling out the 7005 and converting the AP-11D into a router with a static IP. but will do that later tonight. 

• 8.  RE: Missing IP address when clients connect to Switch directly

Posted 08-17-2021 09:59 AM
    Did you manage getting around doing that? I'm setting up a network just like that: an AP11D as a router with a static IP and then a 1930 to spread the connectivity around the office, and while the WiFi is working just fine I don't seem to be able to get an IP address assigned via wire, which is what I need to connect the switch...

------------------------------
    Michele Ciccozzi
    ------------------------------