Instant On - Wired

• 1.  can you back-up configuration when managed via cloud ?

Posted 06-19-2020 03:42 AM

When you manage the 1930 switch from the local interface there is an option to export and save the configuration as a backup or in case you need to replace the switch. 

However when you choose to manage the switch via cloud or app, there is no such function or at least i could not find it ;-)

is there a way to export and import the config in the cloud?

I have noticed that after you configure the switch using cloud, you can remove it from the cloud and revert it to the local GUI for management. At that time the Cloud/app forgets about the switch, but the switch retains its configuration. At this point you can make a backup using the webinterface. The opposite is not possible: you can not re-introduce a switch that has been configured locally to the cloud.

• 2.  RE: can you back-up configuration when managed via cloud ?

Employee
    Posted 06-19-2020 01:11 PM

@yousch When the 1930 is managed via the cloud there is no backup option and you can only have the option to manage it locally and remove it from the cloud. If you want to put the switch back into the cloud you will need to factory reset the switch and start the cloud discovery process again.

• 3.  RE: can you back-up configuration when managed via cloud ?

Posted 06-19-2020 02:41 PM
    Yes I noticed that, but that would mean you would have to redo the complete configuration , assigning the right vlans to the right ports and reconfigure trunks etc ... so some kind of configuration backup and restore would be a very nice to have

• 4.  RE: can you back-up configuration when managed via cloud ?

Posted 06-30-2020 03:29 PM

Is this switch cloud or web gui? or both? I would hope it can be managed through VPN on a local web gui as well as through the cloud? No experience with this switch but am interested. Any comparison between this and the HPE 1920s? I've seen a few videos and pictures where Instan On APs have been paired with the HPE Office Connect 1920s. I am on the fence between the two...

• 5.  RE: can you back-up configuration when managed via cloud ?

Employee
    Posted 06-30-2020 04:04 PM

@Jarvar Both it can be Local GUI or web portal managed. They are very similar the 1930 has PoE across all port were the 1920s has half PoE. The 1930 24 and 48 version support SFP+ and have a newer processor and supports more MAC address in the table size depending on the switch.

• 6.  RE: can you back-up configuration when managed via cloud ?

Posted 07-02-2020 10:11 AM
    @GThiesen

Thank you for the reply. I looked briefly through the guide however I could not find the answer. Is it cloud or local management? Not both? For example with some of our Unifi devices now we have the option of both, but the way it was mentioned above was that it needed to be reset and cloud or local management had to be chosen, they don’t coexist. Is this correct?
    Also the backup term was incorrect on my part. Perhaps what I meant was download a backup of the configurations.
    For example if I was offsite and was managing via the cloud portal, could I download the configurations and upload them? Can I do firmware upgrades over the cloud portal as well?

Thanks so much.

• 7.  RE: can you back-up configuration when managed via cloud ?

Employee
    Posted 07-02-2020 10:57 AM

@Jarvar It is either or not both for management. And when managed in the web portal there is no option to download a configuration, as that is stored in the cloud. Firmware is offered from the web portal when available.