AP11D WAN Throughput

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

AP11D WAN Throughput

I’m having trouble finding specs on the WAN throughput of the AP11D when used as Routing device. Any idea what kind of ISP link it can handle? I would assume it is only intended for a Small Office Cable Modem / DSL link.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: AP11D WAN Throughput

@twhiteOXEN On AP as a Router, you should be directly connected to an ISP modem, which in most countries has a maximum throughput that is typically much less than what our AP product line is capable of delivering (E0 - gigabit ethernet). Therefore, in practice, the performance hit of being a Router should not have much of an impact on the overall user experience.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks @GThiesen. Yes that is the use case I'm wanting to prep for. For example most of our clients are using between a 200Mbps to 600Mbps connection. In a typical small office setting with 20 or fewer connected clients would the AP11D be able to handle a WAN 600Mbps connection? There would likely be an additional AP12 or AP15 connected downstream of the AP11D and a 1930 or 2530 switch for wired connections but again not more than 20 total client devices.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

@twhiteOXEN The AP11D again should handle this based on the information you have provided.

Here is a deployment guide for future reference.

https://www.arubainstanton.com/files/Aruba_Instant_On_Deployment_Guide.pdf

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Awesome! Thank you for your help @GThiesen!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for the deployment guide. If I understand it right your ISP must provide an IP WAN address. There's no way to set a static IP for WAN on AP11D? So this isn't the solution for SOHO for static IP.

0 Kudos